• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb Football Pre-season Cup Discussion and Results

oz_fan

International Regular
The commentary for the matches is great. Unlucky loss for the Power but its only the pre-season and I'm sure we'll improve.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Any chance the fixtures can be edited onto the first post, i don't want to have to go back to the details thread all the time to check if we have a game next.

Also well done to Western you guys out played us, we'll get you next time.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good win by the Dynamos there in the first game. Good goals by Malone and Bennet, while I'm personally a bit annoyed to have let one in, but at least we won it.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
Any chance the fixtures can be edited onto the first post, i don't want to have to go back to the details thread all the time to check if we have a game next.

Also well done to Western you guys out played us, we'll get you next time.
Fixtures put in the 1st post mate...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Fixtures for the 31st of October

Group A

Oct 31 - Southern Stallions - Central United

Group B

Oct 31 - Island Swell - Western Dynamo

Captains please send Teamsheets to CWFA@cricketweb.net

Received so far:

Island Swell
Central United
Western Dynamo (Confirmation from Jamee to use same squad as last game?)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I might be making some tactical changes, Blewy.

Good win Dynamo, worked hard, got the result, and held on to it, no complaints :)

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Looks really exciting, glad to have been part of the first ever match, altho we lost the match..
Not to worry, plenty of time to kick some butt..

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
good win by the dynamo well done boys. and great start and great effort to all the people who have made this league possible.....and happy to have picked up the man of the match.........

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I love how a pre-season friendly in Oceania is somehow important enough for Graham Poll to referee in.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
I love how a pre-season friendly in Oceania is somehow important enough for Graham Poll to referee in.
OH the CW FA have held no money back in bringing in the best Referees in the world..

and Graham Poll :p :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I've heard good things about Charles Ariiotima and Salaiau Sosongan as refs. Certainly beats Poll, he always shafts Norwegians.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
I've heard good things about Charles Ariiotima and Salaiau Sosongan as refs. Certainly beats Poll, he always shafts Norwegians.
Ariiotima of six times taken penalty fame the Athens Olympics? Salaiau Sosongan has also been prone to errors, from all reports his refereeing in the recent Oceania Womens U-20 championships left a lot to be desired.

Harry Attison and Rakesh Varman would be good choices

Majin

International Debutant
Great for Dynamo to get off to a good start, I had a filthy game though it seems. Fouls left and right, high tackles...ah well. We play a physical game. :p

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Any idea when the results for the game scheduled for the 31st will be posted? Its 3:15am here and Im wondering whether to to wait for them before bed :)