• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Power have been allocated New Signup Pete Young...

Young Croatian Josip Vrkic has been released from his contract..

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Sweet pretty happy with the addition of Pete Young and Ezequiel. Can't say im too disappointed to loss Kiny, as he was our 3rd choice and the loss of the marquee players weakens the other teams more then us.

Also i am a bit disappointed to loss the services of Josip Vrkic, as he was going to play a major role as super sub. In the future can we choice which players are going to be released, Blewy.

PY

International Coach
I'll take 4 cheers boss.

Look forward to breaking a few legs this season. :devil2:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
I'll take 4 cheers boss.

Look forward to breaking a few legs this season. :devil2:
Trav already got 4...

To make it a bit easier these are the number that have been choosen:

1. B Donald
4. T Demeza
5. X Rose
6. T Loganathan
10. A Cloete
11. M Reddlapalli
13. D Comley
33. P Gundry
38. T Mamesh

PY

International Coach
chaminda_00 said:
Trav already got 4...

To make it a bit easier these are the number that have been choosen:

1. B Donald
4. T Demeza
5. X Rose
6. T Loganathan
10. A Cloete
11. M Reddlapalli
13. D Comley
33. P Gundry
38. T Mamesh
Haha, I don't know why I pressed 4....I wanted 2. Thanks for 'making it easier'......:p

Good start Young...:laugh:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With the new addition to our squad there is a few changes to the side that we are looking to play in the pre-season friendlies. ATM im looking at playing a 3-1-2-2-2 formation.

I really like the look of our back three with the addition of Pete, very solid. Our midfield IMO is pretty balanced now with a tough tacking DM, two solid CM, a creative AM with an eye for goal and two good out and out strikers. I've decided that im going to try Manju as an AM next to Andy. Manju got a good passing and has a the ability to track back, so i don't want to waste those attributes up front. Also playing him as an AM gives an extra dimension to our side and few more options if things don't go to plan.

During the pre-season we will also trial a 4-2-1-3 against sides with strike force or a 3-1-2-1-3 against sides with weak defences. But here is our basic formation:

GK: Blake Donald

DF: Pete Young
DF: Xaxier Rose
DF: Tharmilan Loganathan

DM: Travis Demeza
MF: Paddy Gundry
MF: Ezequiel
AM: Andy Cloete
AM: Manjunath Reddlapalli

FW: David Comley
FW: Thamba Mamesh

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Yep, Tharmi, that's looking great.

Best suited to that role in midfield. Hopefully, i'll be able to get forward after winning the hard ball :) (12 striking isn't too shabby! ;))

Welcome, Pete.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Travis_Teh said:
Yep, Tharmi, that's looking great.

Best suited to that role in midfield. Hopefully, i'll be able to get forward after winning the hard ball :) (12 striking isn't too shabby! ;))

Welcome, Pete.
12 out of 100 remember...:laugh:

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Haven't popped into this thread for a while, but welcome to the team Pete, looks like a handy addition. Also im looking forward to our first pre season match, should quality. Lets hope me and Dave can score plenty of goals up front.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hey Andy, Dave and Thamba just sent you the side and tactics that im thinking about playing against Western. Give us your thoughts and then i'll sent it off to Blewy.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
Hey Andy, Dave and Thamba just sent you the side and tactics that im thinking about playing against Western. Give us your thoughts and then i'll sent it off to Blewy.
Side looks good, i would start Manju in CM and push him to AM later in the game. But its just a trail so not a big deal, might as well experiment with the formation.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
chaminda_00 said:
Slightly disappointed you didn't include me in that email list :(

Hee.