Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    Can we give 7 to Silva or Velasco? You gotta go for the Iberian Peninsular players... absolute heroes for mine. Wish one of them was in midfield or Carlos could play.. we'd get on well. "No hablo Inglis" "Si"
    Im hoping a certain player from the Iberian Peninsular can take number 7, but if contract talks fail then Vrkic will keep 7. His really impressed me with his all round game during our training session. Got the potential to be a quaility super sub.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Im hoping a certain player from the Iberian Peninsular can take number 7, but if contract talks fail then Vrkic will keep 7. His really impressed me with his all round game during our training session. Got the potential to be a quaility super sub.
    I have a feeling we won't be getting that certain player. Though another player from that area can take 7 too
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Northside Power are happy to welcome Giorgi Kinkladze to the club. The former Georgian international made his playing in the English Preimer League and Dutch First Divison playing for Ajax, Manchester City and Derby County. Giorgi comes to the club to fill the centre midfield position next to Paddy Gundry. The clubs feels that the experienced international is just what the our young midfielders Paddy Gundry and Andy Cloete need to reach there potential. His ability supply quaity ball to our likely three prong attack, was a major reason for signing him. I would like the whole Northside community to welcome this amazing player to the club.

Kinkladze will be given Squad Number 7

Giorgi in action

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Kinkladze will be given Squad Number 7
    Won't be too happy about that. Loves his #10.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Won't be too happy about that. Loves his #10.
    Yeah i know but tell that to my VC...

With the signing of Kinkladze there is likely to be some changes to the our formation and some personal changes. We got two options we are likely to use either a 4-2-1-3 or 3-1-2-1-3.

With the back four we are likely to use Trav and Petko as attacking wing backs, with myslef and Rose in the middle or defence. Then Giorgi and Paddy in the centre of the midfield with Andy playing behind the front three.

With the back three Trav, Rose and myself will be at the back, with Trav being able to get forward. Paddy playing in shielding role infront of the back three, with Giorgi and Soren in the middle of the field and Andy behind the front three.

There are also a few other options we can use, but they are the main ones ATM.

International Regular
    Other concept scrapped due to Kinky's arrival?

Sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind doing some hard work in the middle of midfield at some stage through the season, .... comfortable with keeping it real at the back and attacking from there, though.

Looks exciting.
    Captain for the Blues.

Code:
    FC : 129 matches
    281 runs @ 1.76
    650 wickets @ 28.86, S/R of 41.75
    Best Bowling of 8 for 57
    39 5-wicket innings, 7 10-wicket matches.

Test : 12 matches
    8 runs @ 0.62
    68 wickets @ 27.99, S/R of 40.22
    Best Bowling of 5 for 59
    4 5-wicket innings, 0 10-wicket matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis_Teh
    Other concept scrapped due to Kinky's arrival?

Sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind doing some hard work in the middle of midfield at some stage through the season, .... comfortable with keeping it real at the back and attacking from there, though.

Looks exciting.
    Yeah, hopefully we sign a defender during the season, as prefer having you, Paddy, Gorigi and Andy in the midfield, but ATM it looks like our best option is to have you in defence.

I'd have a crack wth a 2-2-1-2-3

Play two central defenders then two DM's to play as wing backs. A central midfielder then 2 AM's with the front 3 playing as LF, CF and RF hopefully. That gives you width from the forwards and wing backs and a massive presence in the centre of the park. Just depends how ESMS wants to look at it but it might be worth having a go in the friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    I'd have a crack wth a 2-2-1-2-3

Play two central defenders then two DM's to play as wing backs. A central midfielder then 2 AM's with the front 3 playing as LF, CF and RF hopefully. That gives you width from the forwards and wing backs and a massive presence in the centre of the park. Just depends how ESMS wants to look at it but it might be worth having a go in the friendlies.
    Im not sure if it would work in ESMS, but we could always try. A lot of multi skilled players we have, don't we.

International Regular
    that's pretty much a 4-3-3 with a U-back four (2 stoppers, 2 overlapping fullbacks) and a diamond midfield (1 defensive 2 attacking) with three upfront.

I've never been a fan of three up front.... i believe it leaves the central man a little naked (even with the linking attacking midfielder behind him) with the other strikers playing as oldschool wingers.

2 central strikers who work 15 yards away from each other as a unit is the winner

Quote Originally Posted by Travis_Teh
    that's pretty much a 4-3-3 with a U-back four (2 stoppers, 2 overlapping fullbacks) and a diamond midfield (1 defensive 2 attacking) with three upfront.

I've never been a fan of three up front.... i believe it leaves the central man a little naked (even with the linking attacking midfielder behind him) with the other strikers playing as oldschool wingers.

2 central strikers who work 15 yards away from each other as a unit is the winner
    I don't think ESMS picks up on wider forwards anyway. So we should just get the 3 of them holding hands up front really. The AM's might be able to get out wide and swing in some crosses though.

The problem i have with Andy suggestion is that IMO ESMS will see it as two defenders, five midfielders and three strikers. We could leak a lot of goals, the sim doesn't really notice wing backs, wingers or attacking wingers, unless you play a straight 4-4-2.

Northside Power - sounds too much like the name of an electricity company.

Discuss at your own leisure.

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Northside Power - sounds too much like the name of an electricity company.

Discuss at your own leisure.

No discussion

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information