• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Pete and myself seem to get a lot of passes away from defense and Xavier had an assist last game, so i think Trav your just going to have to up your game.

Alright with two players out who should be bring in for the Stallions? Should we keep playing the 4-1-2-1-2 with Kirilov and Velasco coming in as a striaght or should be try something fansy and play a 3-2-3-2 with Manju dropping back to DM and Ezequiel coming into a three man central midfield.
Stallions are sux, go with less defenders and try to dominate old man Wright ... he's like 40 something....

I think 3 at the back should be able to hold them with 2 DM infront.

oz_fan

International Regular
We should have probably won that game as we had the better of the possession. Disappointing that the game was decided by an own goal.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Really sums up our season so far this season, haven't had any luck. Oh well lets look at the positives we dominated possession for about the 2nd time this season and we are starting to get a few more shots on goal.

Paddy, Andy and Ezequiel have been brilliant in the last couple games. Our midfield starting to take shape, just need Manju and Justin to find their feet, but Manju done the job of AM by getting into positions to take shots, so im not too disappointed with his performances, just needs to find the back of the net.

Our defence has been pretty good outside that game Yuri was in goal, especially considering all the suspensions we have had. Just need Thamba and Dave to start finding the back of the net more regularly, and maybe Andy and Manju to get the odd goal too and well be fine. This last quarter we have had a lot of improvements across the park, so even though we might not be getting the results we want, don't be too disappointed as i think we are on the verge of turning things around.

On another note i've been pretty happy with the activity on the forum, but i like to see a bit more inter activity. Also there are a couple guys who haven't post for a while. I known when we are losing their not really much you say, but post here and there to show support is just what im looking for. If Paddy or PY read this post, can you guys make a greater effort to be a bit more active in the future, i don't think either or anyone in the team is in danger of being classed inactive, just want a few more posts from everyone. Just want to build to team spirt up bit more.

Ok as with last quarter im going to do the player of the month. Once again Andy and Blake have been brilliant. Pete had a lot of improvements at the back, really starting to become a solid defender just needs to stay on the park. Ezequiel has been brilliant and his partnership with Andy, has been a major positive.

But this month player of the month goes to Paddy Gundry. At the start quarter he move into DM and his really found a home in that position. Probably doesn't the tradition screening role that someone like Vince Grella plays, but his starting a lot of our attacks. His distribution to the central midfielders and strikers has been brilliant, his really starting to control the game for us, in such an important position. Well done Paddy.

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Latest Power Data

Tharmi, Can you please ensure you check the players names if you do the sheet manually, i had to change a couple last round cause they weren't right...

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ok guys this is the side im thinking about playing next round:

GK Blake_Donald
DF T_Loganathan
DF Travis_Demeza
DF Petko_Kirilov
DF Anton_Velasco
DM Paddy_Gundry
MF Andrew_Cloete
MF Justin_Rodgie
MF Ezequiel
FW Thamba_Mamesh
FW David_Comley

Bascially Velasco replaces Manju, but i am considering playing Dave at AM and bring Hjelde on to play up front.

What you thoughts guys?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
who we playing?

should leave Dave up front ... he can only imrpove up there as a striker, rather from midfield. We need our strikers to improve rapid style, aka Kennett et al otherwise we will never compete.

Stupid sim ;)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
who we playing?

should leave Dave up front ... he can only imrpove up there as a striker, rather from midfield. We need our strikers to improve rapid style, aka Kennett et al otherwise we will never compete.

Stupid sim ;)
He would probably improve faster playing in midfield actually...

cometer

State Regular
What do I have to do to score :@. I hit the post 2 or 3 times that game.

First half was played rather well. The second half we played ordinary.

Congratulations to Andy and Travis for making team of the week. Looking forward to having our defenders back as well.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Can everyone make sure they sign in to keep themselves active in the following thread

A bit disappointed with the loss but atleast no one else got sent off or got injuried

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Unfortunate loss, guys.

Glad to hit some form personally .... we need to gel more as a team, though!

Should be good in the upcoming matches, with our full strength team on the park when Manju gets back the following game.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hey guys there is a position up for graps, as our representive on the activity checking committee (or whatever). If anyone is interested just nominate yourself and the management team will decide who takes to position. Im happy to do the role, but i rather you guys get involved in the game a bit more.