• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

Cloete

International Captain
You can use the 2nd one I think. Anyway I agree with your sentiments. Manju would be a good AM and we could use a bit of a boost in the midfield. I've also managed to get a few shots on out of MF so I'm doing fine in there. We'll see how things go though but I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve if they don't go too well.

We're still in this though.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
chaminda_00 said:
Hopefully within another 24 hours more guys change anyway.

Also to do with activity check coming up, Manju is on holidays so he might not post for a while. I don't think his in danger of being declared inactive though.
:)

Poor loss fella's, we need to change this stuff around.... We need a good win, Tharmi any chance of us reducing Blake's Agression levels, coz i thought his agression was very vital in that game.

No offence intended Blake, just a suggestion.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
alternative said:

Poor loss fella's, we need to change this stuff around.... We need a good win, Tharmi any chance of us reducing Blake's Agression levels, coz i thought his agression was very vital in that game.

He already has, do u mind reducing your a bit too. We seem to be giving away too many fouls, which doesn't help us get much possession. Most of the guys have reduced it tp 50 to 60. Thats what most of the other teams players are.

Cloete

International Captain
alternative said:

I'd take a bad win TBH.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Latest Power Data

Note: Data info looks different now as we had to remove columns so we could use the Training Facility.. The Training Facility when run will allow players to improve their skills when not on the pitch...

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ok first of I'm going to do a player of the month thing after every five rounds. This month winner is Blake Donald. Our young keeper has had a tough time of it at the back, with his goal being put under tremendous pressure. But the young kid has gone his best to keep us in the game as much as possible. His pulled off some of the best saves you'll ever see. A lot of the goals that his conceded have been through pens so you can't fault him for that. Lets hope after our last win that we can start to dominate in the midfield and put less pressure on Donald and we can see how good this guy really is. I think his a good shot for the NZ international at the end of the season if we give him more support as a team.

Once again congrats to Blake Donald for winning the first player of the month.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Alright well done guys on a great team against the Stallions last game. That was the first time we all performanced as a team and all 13 players used did their job. But i think we all know we are going to have to step it up another couple gears, we are going to keep up with the top 4. No offence to Stallions, but beating them isn't a great achieved ATM.

With team selections Pete comes in for a direct replacement for myself. The last spot is really a toughie, Kirilov (17 TK) back from suspensions, but Velasco (15 TK) scored a goal in our last match and Silva (14 TK) was our 2nd best defender in our last game. I don't want to drop Ezequiel (22 PS) as he was brilliant along with Andy through the centre. Also i would like to play a 4-1-2-1-2, so Trav might play as a makeshift defender again until were at full strength at the back.

So whats your thoughts on the last spot?

oz_fan

International Regular
Great win guys. Hopefully the first of many for the season. Thanks for the player of the month. I'd go with Ezequiel for the next game

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Firstly Welldone boys on our frist win for the season, i am quite delighted with our abilites. It was clearly shown of what we can acheive, so lets focus for the next game and beat the top team in the comp.

Secondly congratulations to Blake on his outstanding performance for the first 5 games. On a lighter note i would also think Clutey was up there with few of his best performances here.

And now Tharmi welldone on putting up a strong combination to succeed on our first win :)

cometer

State Regular
Top effort there team :). I didn't like being substituted :p but those are the breaks we needed to defend the lead and we got the 3 points.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Tharmi, i'd say go with the same team except Pete in for you due to your suspension.

May aswell keep the winning outfit. Can then make decisions the following game when we are full strength (pending on further suspensions/injuries ofcourse).

Well done, Blake ..... and well done lads for the win ... ohhhh yeah :D

Cloete

International Captain
Great to have the win. Everyone played well, except maybe Tharmi :p

Cognrats to Blake as well, well deserved. He's been brilliant between the sticks!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Squad to Play Swell

GK Blake_Donald
DF Travis_Demeza
DF Pete_Young
DF Xavier_Rose
DF Petko_Kirilov
DM Paddy_Gundry
MF Ezequiel
MF Andrew_Cloete (c)
AM M_Reddlapalli
FW Thamba_Mamesh
FW David_Comley (vc)

GK Yuri_Tushinov
DF Luis_Silva
DM Josip_Vrkic
MF Soren_Ernst
FW Orjan_Hjelde

Kirilov won the last spot due to his higher TK and the fact that his 21. With the training think working his younger age might make him improve faster, if he gets a couple key tackles. Long term it would be nice to have 20 TK backup defender. Also Silva won the spot on the bench, cus of his key tackles last match. Velasco the goal scorer in our last game got dropped all together.

Cloete

International Captain
Looks good. Big shoes to fill with the captaincy :-O

I'm sure we can get up if we play to our potential though.

oz_fan

International Regular
We played fairly well against the Swell. We're starting to put in some better performances and hopefully we can continue to improve.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
That's two in a row wihtout a loss. ... and a clean sheet :)

Good stuff guys, rectifying a poor start with some solid performances.

Not overly happy about being sent off, again.