• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Central United Thread **

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Gah, another loss. Looks like it could be a tough season, this one. There's plenty of sending offs (another one for us today) but we'll have a proper defensive line back for the next game and hopefully we can get our first win up.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
i'm playing pretty solid I think, esp in the last game.
come on United, get training and win !

Dydl

International Debutant
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Indeed. I daresay if we fielded you and Darren (our two best defenders) we'd have not conceded twice in both games.
Which means we have to try extra hard to win this next game!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry I've let the team down so far guys, but I'm sure we'll be able to pick it up and get a good first season under our belt.

Blaze

Banned
hmm only had 42% of the ball in that game to go with the 43% we had in the first match.

Other than that we totally matched our opposition...

If we can get an even share of the ball then I think we will be more than competitive.

Smith - I am not sure whether you changed our formation or tactics after the first match or whether you kept things the same but perhaps we should mix things up a bit in the next match?

Up to you though, of course...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah yeah I'm thinking of changing our tactic. The possession thing is about right for the tactic we're playing at the moment, though. The tactic seems to be working okay though seeing as though we would've got results in each game if not for late opposition goals, even with 43% of the ball.

We'll see.

ash chaulk

International Captain
kinkiest team also the most aggressive the sight of smith running at you with the ball isnt scary tho

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Great to get our first win as a club up, and pleased with the effort of the side (except Burpe, sheesh :p).

So now we're without our attacking mid and one of our key defenders for a large chunk of time. A formation change may be on the cards, but I'm not sure. I'll have a look at our options.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
So ridiculous. Being unfairly victimised by the referees (I'll cop the $10,000 fine).