• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Central United Thread **

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I like a keeper who goes against the normal '1'
Nothing beats being different :), I like the look of the uniforms too burkey.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay, Greg's currently designing our logo. We need some sort of symbol to put in the middle of it. Ideas?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Grab your squad number while it lasts.

Code:
3. Stephen Burke
4. Mat Mitchell
7. Daniel Smith
9. Zac Ritchie
10. Matt Currie
13. Greg Thomas
14. Tarick Weber

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tiger isn't a bad idea, it would probably have to be some sort of animal because not much else works.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Tiger doesn't work for me. The great thing about our team is we don't have a stupid mascot. Putting a tiger in the logo would just eradicate that.

Blaze

Banned
I agree we don't necessarily need an animal... but what other options do we have?

Nothing springs to mind...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
how about...we use a bit of grade and as were stationed in Twybridge..we could well be the Titans... :)
Central United Titans ?
love the kit, top stuff burke !
marquee player I agree with too
lets kick it guys!

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm totally against any sort of mascot. Making myself clear once and for all, but I can't speak for the rest of you.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Lets all personally welcome Josep Guardiola to Central United. Guardiola will take the #6 jumper, as the #4 was already taken by Mat Mitchell.

The squad numbers so far look like so:
Code:
3. Stephen Burke
4. Mat Mitchell
5. Darren Dubb-Lynch
6. Josep Guardiola
7. Daniel Smith
9. Zac Ritchie
10. Matt Currie
13. Greg Thomas
14. Tarick Weber
That leaves only Sriram to choose his number, at which point all the overseas players will recieve their squad numbers.

Most teams have started playing around with possible starting XI's, but at the moment I'd prefer to chat with some of our senior players about who they think should go where and what style we're most suited to playing. After that we'll look into formations and starting squads.

EDIT: Also, just to make my voice clear. I am also 100% against a mascot. I feel that just being 'Central United' is the best option.

Agent TBY

International Captain
As far as the squad goes, I think we've got a great bunch here. Seeing how young Tarick and Burkey are, we can see them improving a lot as they get playing time. Need one more defender though, but that should be a universal problem, so I don't think there's any reason to be flustered.

Our midfield is awesome. Guardiola fills the most important spot in the midfield, and seeing how good he is, I think he'll be our engine. Mitchell's choice of attributes wasn't wise in my opinion, but a utility player's always good. Our strikers are automatic choices, and I guess we'll see a fair few assists between them. Darren and Zac are fantastic too, though I suppose a rotation system will be employed in the goalkeeping slot.

I really rate Chitiva, it's almost like another CWer signed up.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Final squad numbers:

Code:
1. Jan Tomassen (DEN)
2. Samir Louadj (FRA)
3. Stephen Burke
4. Mat Mitchell
5. Darren Dubb-Lynch
6. Josep Guardiola (ESP/MAR)
7. Daniel Smith (C)
8. Jairo Chitiva (COL)