• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Island Swell Thread **

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I hope we are all refreshed and ready for the season after our mini-break.

Season is about to start so anyone reporting back with injuries or drug problems should report to the physio to sort it out.

Looking forward to the games starting and Im happy with the group of guys in our squad.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Chuffed to bits with the game.

Everyone made good contributions. Will be a long hard season, but its great to get off to a flyer.

luffy

International Captain
Interesting to note, i have one of the highest aggresion levels in the team and yet havn't conceded any penealties.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
God luck for the next game guys.

With 2 of our champion defenders suspended we are really struggling in that area.

A point, let alone a win, from this game would be great acheivement.

We will get to see how much our defenders really mean to the team :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Unlucky, guys.

Id pretty much written that game off before it started so losing isnt much of an issue. Especially as they have just added Patrick to make their defense very strong and Kennett will always be a handful.

Important for us to come back strong in the next game though. Im still very confident of us performing well throughout the season.

Last edited:

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Dissapointing loss, but as goughy said, it was always going to be tough. Also, have to be dissapointed with my own form. After starting so well, the goals have dried up. Luckily Goughy has played brilliantly, as has Luffy. Hoping i can step it up in the next few weeks.