• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Island Swell Thread **

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Big game this week away at the Fury.

They are still unbeaten this season and if we want keep any small hope of winning the title alive then we must win this one.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to Jaso, Hakon, Camps and Hutchinson for being selected for the CW International squad for the game against New Zealand.

Great to see Camps rewarded for execllent form by being awarded the vice-captaincy

It is currently an 18 man squad that will be reduced to 16 before the game.

CW National Squad for NZ Game

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I might have to lower my aggression if I'm going to keep playing in defence. Don't seem to get sent off much in the midfield, but in defence it's way too common.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I might have to lower my aggression if I'm going to keep playing in defence. Don't seem to get sent off much in the midfield, but in defence it's way too common.
The plan is that you will not have to play in defence. However with 3 or 4 defenders out you just had to fill in.

The addition of Manan means that at full strength you should be in your rightful place in Mid.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Great win. Brilliant to give the Fury their 1st defeat.

I still can understand how our great recent run of form has coincided with having 4-5 different players out each week.

Will still be tough to win the whole thing but we are only 6 pts behind with 5 games left and still have to play the Fury again.

Winning the title would be massive as would be gaining the CW representitive spot in Oceana (sp? :) ) Champions League

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Guys, the following players qualify for the CW Youth Development Program

By posting in this thread before the next game you get to add bonus points to your player.

Under 19s= 5pts across min of 2 skills
19-22= 3 pts across 2 skills

Players
S_Jasotharan 17
Neil_Pickup 21
Manan_Shah 22
Sean_Fuller 21
Håkon_Mørk 18
Liam_Camps 19
M_Hutchinson 17
Matt_Luff 17

Important to take advantage of this opportunity

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The following players are signed up and attending the CW Youth Development Program

Matt Luff 17 yo
Shooting 3 Tackling 2

Sean Fuller,21 year old
two on passing, one on tackling

Jaso U'19
4 on Tackling and 1 on passing

Håkon Mørk, 18 yo
4 Tk, 1 Ps

Neil Pickup, Age 21
2 tacking, 1 passing

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fired up for the resumption of the league.

Teamshet sent so we are ready to get back with a bang.

TBH, this break hurt us as we were the form team and it could have hit our stride

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
0-0 against the Dynamo.

Brilliant that we kept Kennett so quiet but we failed to hit the target on 8 attempts.

Looks like our chance of catching the Fury is over and my injury 2 weeks and Manan's suspension (2 games) further hurts us.

At least we have a few quality guys returning for the next round :)