• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Island Swell Thread **

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Pleasure to join the team. Look forward to adding respectability to the defense.
And so it begins :D

Welcome to the Swell. You should be an important player

A little high maintainance is fine (we have Jaso :p ) but lets try to keep it managable. Ive seen how you threw Staples under the bus in off-season cricket :dry:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My differences with Fuhrer Stap...err Captain Staples are behind me. My image has been tarnished in the media, but I am the epitome of professionalism and work ethic.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Score! 41!

Hmm, When the end of the season comes, do Exhibition games count EXP Points? If so, It's time for me to improve my other ablites, no matter how crap they are!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Can someone explain to a guy who has never watched a complete soccer game in his life what each of the following means?

St Tk Ps Sh Ag KAb TAb PAb SAb Gam Sav Ktk Kps Sht Gls Ass DP Inj Sus

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
St Tk Ps Sh Ag KAb TAb PAb SAb Gam Sav Ktk Kps Sht Gls Ass DP Inj Sus
St = Shot STopping = Keeping ability, important for the goalkeeper, who stands in the net and prevents the other side from scoring goals. Can use his hands.
Tk = Tackling = Takes the ball off the other players. The game continues with the ball in play, the better tackler will usually have more control over where the ball goes.
Ps = Passing = Sending the ball off with your feet to another team-mate. May be done to any team-mate as long as he's not in an offside position.
Sh = Shooting = Attempting to score a goal by putting the ball between the posts and bars.

Ag = Aggression = Desire to assault opposition players. Common in stalwart defenders such as N. S. Pickup and N. A. Borcich.

KAb, TAb, PAb, SAb = ability points (sim-specific). 1000 ability points means you gain one sim point in that particular branch (keeping, tackling, passing, shooting), and the counter resets to 0.

Gam = GAMes played.
Sav = SAVes made (by goalkeeper)
Ktk = Key TacKles made (by any 10 outfielders)
Kps = Key PaSses made
Sht = Shots on goal
Goa = Goals scored
Ass = Assist (the pass that leads up to the goal)
DP = Disciplinary Points (accumulates towards a suspension)
Inj = Injury
Sus = Suspension - can't play in that amount of games.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
A stupid question: Assuming I'm a defender, so when I steal a ball away, I would need to pass it someone right? 6 steals and no passes...how does that work? :p
These are "Key" Tackles and "Key" Passes - so they're instrumental in avoiding or creating a goalscoring opportunity. A pass to the defender right next to you would usually not count as a key pass.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant result given we were missing 4 key guys.

Top performance from Hakon which was backed up by a good debut from Manan and a great game from Liam.

Well deserved win.

Cheers guys.