• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL East Coast Fury Thread **

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Blewy said:
Im still trying to work that out myself... but i know for a fact a few people have gone up points already... When i work it out ill get back to ya :p
Something seems a bit strange because i got +3 Ps after just two warmup games...not that i'm complaining mind you :lol:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
thewizard1o1 said:
Something seems a bit strange because i got +3 Ps after just two warmup games...not that i'm complaining mind you :lol:
I think alot has to do with the fact that your 1st game you were MOM and by far and away the best player on the ground...

In saying that though, 1 bad game could see that come crashing back down..

Im still doing some research on it, and until i speak to Tharmi/Steds/Cloete then i wont be 100% sure..

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
what gets me is that on the stats sheet after that second game it says my shooting ability increased 132. Surely that means 300+50(first game shooting increase)+132= 482.

How does this equate to an increase of 1 stat point, when from what i understand, you only increase 1 stat point once you get that ability up to 1000. Confusing stuff.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Clapo said:
what gets me is that on the stats sheet after that second game it says my shooting ability increased 132. Surely that means 300+50(first game shooting increase)+132= 482.

How does this equate to an increase of 1 stat point, when from what i understand, you only increase 1 stat point once you get that ability up to 1000. Confusing stuff.
Yeah, i've had a look at them and am not sure..

Johnners

I'm assuming we'll trial a different formation tomorow ??

Was thinking along the lines of 4-1-3-2. Putting Fitzsimmons back into the role of DM, and bringing yours truly back to a more CM role. Not sure if this tactic will work as well as the previous though, as my passing ability isn't up to the standard of Simon's.

Either that, or 4-1-3-1-1, same as above, except with Dwyer moving back behind Dravid, and giving both a little more freedom? This way, Dwyer is also providing a block, with his tackling ability, to the opposition defenders before they get to the midfield ???

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I was thinking our defence has been pretty good so why not try a 3-1-2-1-3

Drop O'Shannesy from defence, have the same midfield as game 1 and bring de cler in up from to team up with Dravid and Dwyer...

Johnners

ahhhh, good thinking there. Only problem i have with a 3 man defence is that it provides more room for the opposition fowards to strut their stuff. But, it will be a good test as to how well our defence can stand up to such challenges, and what better time to do it then in the preseason :)

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
If we maintain possession like we did in the last game it shouldn't be a problem, thou i would maybe drop the AM back into the MF like so, 3-1-3-3...

Johnners

Fair point their Hoy. Try Nath's tactic in the next match after tomorow eh skipper?

Anyone around this Joint a MS Paint Guru? I've finally got a report written up to publicly release our Kit, but i don't have the ability to make it the tiniest bit professional looking. Any takers?

If so, let me know, and i'll email the report, and each of the Kits to you to make it all pro looking

Edit: Actually, before i finish the report, could i please have Blewy & Simon email me, or post a quote of their thoughts on the Jersey's & Upcoming season. Just want to add in something from the Captain & his Vice. Cheers guys.

Johnners

My fears were realised with playing a 3 man backline. Whilst it may well be a good option if all is going well, but all it takes is an Injury, as we saw with Hits "Oh My God i broke a nail" Okada.

4-1-3-1-1 ???? Dwyer behind Dravid, myself staying in the Mid-field ?

BTW any takers on the MS Paint Job????

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
thewizard1o1 said:
Please no more long ball skipper :)
I went the long ball to try and counter the United Counter Attack...

Wont worry about that anymore though, playing our own style in the 1st 2 games was much more impressive..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Clapo said:
My fears were realised with playing a 3 man backline. Whilst it may well be a good option if all is going well, but all it takes is an Injury, as we saw with Hits "Oh My God i broke a nail" Okada.

Yeah the 3 at the back didnt really work.. But oh well we had to try it...

Losing Okada early probably made things worse then they really were...

We can try the 4-1-3-1-1 next game if you like...

Im useless with graphics mate..

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Clapo said:

I have the artistic talent of a dead flea…

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I don't think it's fair that you get to know our tactics, and adjust yours accordingly.
I went off your last game tactics.. I always do my tactics 1st before i even look at anybody else's...