• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL East Coast Fury Thread **

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done for the opener guys... Although we didnt come out with the 3 points to come away from a trip to Central with a point is a great start... We had to endure plenty of pressure at times and we did that well...

Dunny gave us a few heart attacks with his constant insistance on fumbling, we'd appreciate it if you didnt do that to us mate :p

We had a golden chance to snatch the 3 points in the dying seconds but our resident ford fan decided to choke worse then the good old Falcon and put it over the bar :p Well done Clapo :laugh: :laugh:

All in all a promising first up performance guys.. Lets build on this now and try and lay into the Power at home on Saturday whilst they are down...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
Well done for the opener guys... Although we didnt come out with the 3 points to come away from a trip to Central with a point is a great start... We had to endure plenty of pressure at times and we did that well...

Dunny gave us a few heart attacks with his constant insistance on fumbling, we'd appreciate it if you didnt do that to us mate :p

We had a golden chance to snatch the 3 points in the dying seconds but our resident ford fan decided to choke worse then the good old Falcon and put it over the bar :p Well done Clapo :laugh: :laugh:

All in all a promising first up performance guys.. Lets build on this now and try and lay into the Power at home on Saturday whilst they are down...
Haha, low blow their skip :dry:

Promising performance by all, Dunn had a few :blink: moments, and as Capn' Goff pointed out i stuffed up a brilliant chance in the final minute :@. It seems we handled the pressure well in defence, however we didn't create enough oppurtunities in attack, and the few we did create, we didn't take advantage of.

What Style did you have us playing Blewy???

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Clapo said:
Haha, low blow their skip :dry:

Promising performance by all, Dunn had a few :blink: moments, and as Capn' Goff pointed out i stuffed up a brilliant chance in the final minute :@. It seems we handled the pressure well in defence, however we didn't create enough oppurtunities in attack, and the few we did create, we didn't take advantage of.

What Style did you have us playing Blewy???
We were playing the 4-1-2-1-2 with Counter Attack strategy...

Im open to suggestions for the next game...

Johnners

hmmmm, who's our next game against?? Unless its against the Swell (Goughy) or Dynamo (Kennett) perhaps playing 4-3-1-2 with the same Counter Attack Strategy??

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Clapo said:
hmmmm, who's our next game against?? Unless its against the Swell (Goughy) or Dynamo (Kennett) perhaps playing 4-3-1-2 with the same Counter Attack Strategy??
Next game is Saturday, against the Power...

We can try the 4-3-1-2.. Although i think i'd prefer sticking with the 4-1-2-1-2 for that game...

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Blewy said:
I wanted to give the fans a little enjoyment :p but next time ill "try" to cut the fumbles down

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Blewy said:
Next game is Saturday, against the Power...

We can try the 4-3-1-2.. Although i think i'd prefer sticking with the 4-1-2-1-2 for that game...
Not a big fan of the 4-1-2-1-2 away from home as it seems that we get quite a bit less of the possesion. Bring Clapo back into the midfield and play 4-1-3-2 away from home imo...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Blewy can you explain what the headings in the stats mean exactly?

I get the part from Name untill Agression, but what does KAB,TAB,PAB,SAB mean? i figured it was Tackling ability etc, but then why as a defender is mine so much lower than midfileders etc. And then from then on i get the rest.

Name Age Nat St Tk Ps Sh Ag KAb TAb PAb SAb Gam Sub Min Mom Sav Con Ktk Kps Sht Gls Ass DP Inj Sus Fit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave_Kearsley 17 CWL 1 29 9 3 67 300 54 928 608 1 0 93 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 100

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
kears_falcon_9 said:
Blewy can you explain what the headings in the stats mean exactly?

I get the part from Name untill Agression, but what does KAB,TAB,PAB,SAB mean? i figured it was Tackling ability etc, but then why as a defender is mine so much lower than midfileders etc. And then from then on i get the rest.

Name Age Nat St Tk Ps Sh Ag KAb TAb PAb SAb Gam Sub Min Mom Sav Con Ktk Kps Sht Gls Ass DP Inj Sus Fit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave_Kearsley 17 CWL 1 29 9 3 67 300 54 928 608 1 0 93 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 100
Mate your right with the tackling ability etc...

How it works is each game your performances give you points in each attribute, they add up until they reach 1000 then your Tackling skill rises by 1 point and the Ability level goes back to 0... So where your Tackling ability is low its likely that you have either just risen a point in Tackling or you have had a bad game and lost some points... Probably the former...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Thoughts on formation for the next game?? @ Home to the Power...

Im inclined to stick with the 4-1-2-1-2 for this match... However im open to suggestions...

Perm

Good games boys for a couple of days ago, I forgot to shake hands and what not at the end of the game. Look forward to meeting you later in the season.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
thewizard1o1 said:
Not a big fan of the 4-1-2-1-2 away from home as it seems that we get quite a bit less of the possesion. Bring Clapo back into the midfield and play 4-1-3-2 away from home imo...
What are your thoughts for a home game though?? Our game against the Power is at home..

Johnners

Great performance yesterday from all fellow East Coastians. Especially from Dravid with his Hattrick. It was a pity that Dwyer, Hoy & Myself couldn't convert after having numerous shots. If we wish to continue to win games we need to make the most of these opportunities and imo it's something we should work on.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Great game guys.. The whole team played well... Dravid was super..

We dominated the game and although we could have put more away credit has to go to the Dynamo who defended well, and with Donald making 11 saves it was tough to find the back of the net...

On a personal note im happy to finally put in a performance.. 3 Key tackles to go with an assist, im very happy with how im building up.. Our defence has been super this season, with the key part being we are actually finishing games.. If we continue to do this we will be a force all season...

Also like to make welcome the new addition to our side Resha.. With the addition of Resha to the side we now have 2 top class strikers.. This will also allow Dwyer to drop back into defence in place of O'Shannesy if we decide to stick with the same formation...

For the record heres our latest team sheet..

Im interested to get peoples thoughts on the new addition and how we should go about it tactics wise now...

Attachments

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Super game from the team, Dravid was great in front of goal and we retained the ball well and never gave them a look in.