• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL East Coast Fury Thread **

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys crucial game coming up.. anything other then a loss will see us in the final...

We going to try Clapo's 4-1-3-1-1 in this game..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done on Making the final guys...

We should have won that last game, just couldnt make use of all that pressure...

Lets go out and unleash some Fury on the Island... :p

Here's our latest team data...

Thoughts on Formation for the Final???

Attachments

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thinking we should try 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-1-2 again ??

Maybe the latter, as we did seem to play better with that formation. What tactics have the swell been playing ?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Swell have been scoring alot of goals so im thinking the 4-1-2-1-2 might be the better opion...

Ill have a look at their recent formations and see what we can come up with...

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Get on the firy for the Finals lads.

Hows bloody Kyle getting 880 points in the last game as keeper. (Time for a slight tweek again i reckon)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
kears_falcon_9 said:
Get on the firy for the Finals lads.

Hows bloody Kyle getting 880 points in the last game as keeper. (Time for a slight tweek again i reckon)
Oh i dont know, if you look at the amount of saves he made i think its a fair amount...

He also made quite a few quality saves from the report..

Johnners

Uniforms will be publicly released next week. I remembered i had a mate who was a graphics guru, and he'll be doing up a graphic to go with the report i wrote. Should be released sometime next week

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Great work guys... We won the final... Our last 2 games we have dominated our opposition brilliantly.. Even though we couldn't finish the Stallions off in the last group game we played great against the Swell...

We have improved every game we have played in and are really shaping up well for the season..

Johnners

Great effort fella's!!!!!!!!!!

Especially well played to Markus, Dravid & Dwyer in the final. From Blewy's analysis it seems as you 3 were the stars, so top stuff :thumbsup:

We need to now make sure we don't slack off, and use the momentum we've gained to take the rest of the season head on, with a full head of steam!!! :cool:

Johnners

Yargh, i still haven't fixed our Kit's up, slack on my behalf i know. I'll be away until Monday, and will hopefully be able to finish it all off then before the season starts.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys,

here is our Latest Team Data...

We need to start discussions on what formation we are going to use for the season opener...

Attachments

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Guys, thoughts on our team for the 1st Round??

Im thinking we stick with our 4-1-2-1-2 formation as it did us well during the pre-season...

I think the side pretty much picks itself as well...

GK - Dunn
RB - O'Shannesy
LB - Okada
CB - Kearsley
CB - Goff (c)
DM - Fitzsimmons (vc)
MR - Markus
ML - Hoy
AM - Clapham
ST - Dravid
ST - Dwyer

Reggies

Hakkinon
Jones
Jardel
Iverson
de Cler

Any Problems?? Also what Style should we play?? I have one in mind, but i would like to see what you all think..

Johnners

I liked either 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-1-2. imo a lot would depend on the attacking quality of the opposition. If their fowards are in good touch, a 4-1-2-1-2 formation would be safer, however, if their fowards were looking shaky, a more attacking 4-3-1-2 approach could be worth a shot, with Fitzsimmons moving up into a central midfield role.

Kits will be revealed in the Media zone shortly. Haven't been able to do any fancy graphic work unfortunately, so i just had to make do with what i had.