Phlegm in never watching cricket shocker
    Eh when morks retired he was a better bowler than starc

Since then starc's stock has only fallen

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Eh when morks retired he was a better bowler than starc

Since then starc's stock has only fallen
    13 wickets @ 35 against a batting team as good as India, in a country as hard to bowl in as Australia will probably still be pretty good. It isn't like Starc stunk up the joint in 2018, he still took 31 Test wickets at 33 and took about 110 wickets at 25 in the 3 years before that.

Dunno why anyone would think Starc isn't right up there when it comes to the worlds best bowlers.

International Debutant GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    13 wickets @ 35 against a batting team as good as India, in a country as hard to bowl in as Australia will probably still be pretty good. It isn't like Starc stunk up the joint in 2018, he still took 31 Test wickets at 33 and took about 110 wickets at 25 in the 3 years before that.

Dunno why anyone would think Starc isn't right up there when it comes to the worlds best bowlers.
    It's Pleghm, him praising an Australian is about as likely as him actually using proper capitalisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Mark Cameron FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"

I don’t know why you keep insisting on arguing against things nobody has said.

India’s batting is good, away from home less so. Plus it contains lots of batsmen who aren’t good.

Nobody has said Starc is trash or ‘isn’t up there’, it’s just Morkel was in the best form of his career for his last 12 months and then took bulk Div 1 County wickets at an average of peanuts and a strike rate of 30.

I don’t even know why you’re getting defensive when all people are saying is ‘we don’t agreee which one of your two world class bowlers is slightly better than the other’
    Daemon likes this.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    I don’t know why you keep insisting on arguing against things nobody has said.

India’s batting is good, away from home less so. Plus it contains lots of batsmen who aren’t good.

Nobody has said Starc is trash or ‘isn’t up there’, it’s just Morkel was in the best form of his career for his last 12 months and then took bulk Div 1 County wickets at an average of peanuts and a strike rate of 30.

I don’t even know why you’re getting defensive when all people are saying is ‘we don’t agreee which one of your two world class bowlers is slightly better than the other’
    This is exactly what Phlegm is consistently saying.

Marcuss in bad take shocker.
    Daemon likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!

Sure stats wise he's done good. They flatter him though, he's lost Australia plenty of sessions that have gone on to be match defining.
    Flem274* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodAreasShane View Post
    It's Pleghm, him praising an Australian is about as likely as him actually using proper capitalisation
    i'm on record praising many australian players. smith is the best batsman in the world, i've argued warner could be seen as the mvp due to the rarirty of competent let alone outstanding openers and i probably rate hazlewood higher than all the kids trying to drop him for a mythological situation (pattinson, cummins and starc fit and bowling well)/

australians are just very sensitive to my posts whenever the blow ins and benchmark clones do things like declaring their attack the equal of the 80s windies (last ashes) and make other entertaining statements. it is an unfortunate fact that australia and india have become more alike not just on the field but amongst the fans as well. neither have reached the levels of the bangladeshi ankle biting yap yaps whenever they're playing a better team on a mud heap but there's potential.

daemon starting his randi hippie movement has improved our small corner of the cricketing indian internet considerably tbh. that ishkgy character posting in latin stood out for being the exception rather than the rule which wouldn't have been the case 10 years ago.

interestingly athlai has also picked paine, a bloke some people tried to shoehorn into the 2018 world xi. more style over substance athers.
    Magrat Garlick likes this.

International Debutant GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i'm on record praising many australian players. smith is the best batsman in the world, i've argued warner could be seen as the mvp due to the rarirty of competent let alone outstanding openers and i probably rate hazlewood higher than all the kids trying to drop him for a mythological situation (pattinson, cummins and starc fit and bowling well)/

australians are just very sensitive to my posts whenever the blow ins and benchmark clones do things like declaring their attack the equal of the 80s windies (last ashes) and make other entertaining statements. it is an unfortunate fact that australia and india have become more alike not just on the field but amongst the fans as well. neither have reached the levels of the bangladeshi ankle biting yap yaps whenever they're playing a better team on a mud heap but there's potential.

daemon starting his randi hippie movement has improved our small corner of the cricketing indian internet considerably tbh. that ishkgy character posting in latin stood out for being the exception rather than the rule which wouldn't have been the case 10 years ago.

interestingly athlai has also picked paine, a bloke some people tried to shoehorn into the 2018 world xi. more style over substance athers.
    Yeah it's not a problem. The Australian attack is damn good, but not the best in the world (that would be South Africa imo), comparing any current attack to the sheer brilliance of the Windes golden era attackis just OTT.

Anyway you seem to be an F1 fan, gotta give plenty of credit for that

Quote Originally Posted by GoodAreasShane View Post
    Yeah it's not a problem. The Australian attack is damn good, but not the best in the world (that would be South Africa imo), comparing any current attack to the sheer brilliance of the Windes golden era attackis just OTT.

Anyway you seem to be an F1 fan, gotta give plenty of credit for that
    i think it's close-ish. maharaj steals away the lyon advantage somewhat, but hazlewood and starc are lacking the consistency of the south african trio and cummins has the least games of the lot despite being australias best bowler.

post-steyn i can see a chance for australia to pass them.
    GoodAreasShane likes this.

This is exactly what Phlegm is consistently saying.

Marcuss in bad take shocker.
    Sorry, *nobody whose opinion is worth a damn

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i think it's close-ish. maharaj steals away the lyon advantage somewhat, but hazlewood and starc are lacking the consistency of the south african trio and cummins has the least games of the lot despite being australias best bowler.

post-steyn i can see a chance for australia to pass them.
    I definitely think Australia have the best attack for roads, and given they often play on roads it'll probably scale that fairly well in the program I made. Hard to split them and South Africa overall though.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I definitely think Australia have the best attack for roads, and given they often play on roads it'll probably scale that fairly well in the program I made. Hard to split them and South Africa overall though.
    i'd still take sa on a highway, but australia grow an arm and a leg at home which is a massive advantage given touring bowlers usually hate the place

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Sorry, *nobody whose opinion is worth a damn
    by this logic both you and athers should just stop posting tbh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information