• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best and Worst Teams Thus Far?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Koyal Kamplers

1. Kraigg Brathwaite
2. KL Rahul
3. Kusal Mendis
4. Joe Root *
5. Dinesh Chandimal +
6. Shaun Marsh
7. Wiaan Mulder
8. Mehedi Hasan
9. Tim Southee
10. Kyle Abbott
11. Stuart Broad

Deep Backward Square CC

Tamim Iqbal
Shubman Gill
Mosaddek Hossain
Karun Nair
Shakib al Hasan
Quinton de Kock
Jason Holder
Mohammad Shami
Hasan Ali
Umesh Yadav
-

Athlai's Avengers

Fawad Alam
Tom Latham
Kane Williamson
Younis Khan
Faf du Plessis
Tim Paine (+)
Mitchell Santner
Mitchell Starc
-
Morne Morkel
Ishant Sharma

Squirts

1. Jeet Raval
3. Asad Shafiq
4. Ross Taylor (c)
5. Henry Nicholls
6. Colin de Grandhomme
7. Niroshan Dickwella (wk)
8. Doug Bracewell
9. Kagiso Rabada
10. Neil Wagner
11. Ajaz Patel

12. Fidel Edwards

The Twelfth Team

1. Matt Renshaw
3. Monimul Haque
4. Misbah-ul-Haq
5. Rohit Sharma
6. Ben Stokes
7. BJ Watling
8. Scott Kuggeleijn
9. Mohammad Amir
10. Yasir Shah
11. Malinda Pushpakumara

Daemon

1. Murali Vijay
3. Ollie Pope
4. Virat Kohli
5. AB de Villiers
6. Hardik Pandya
7. Ben Foakes
8. Sam Curran
9. Keshav Maharaj
10. Josh Hazlewood
11. Duanne Olivier

Marcuss

1. Marcus Harris
2. Rory Burns
3. Steve Smith
4. Babar Azam
5. Jos Buttler
7. Rishabh Pant
8. Bhuvneshwar Kumar
9. Nathan Lyon
10. Trent Boult
11. Jasprit Bumrah

Randycricfreak

1. Dimuth Karuarante
2. Prithvi Shaw
3. Haumna Vihari
4. Roshen Silva
5. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
7. Chris Woakes
8. Ravindra Jadeja
9. Jofra Archer
10. Dilruwan Perera
11. Dale Steyn

Howe_zat

1. Mayank Agarwal
2. Joe Burns
3. Hashim Amla
4. Ian Bell
5. Ajinkya Rahane
6. Johnny Bairstow+
7. Moeen Ali
8. Ravi Ashwin
10. James Anderson c
11. Shannon Gabriel

GoodAreasShane

1. David Warner
2. Azhar Ali
3. Kumar Sangakkara
4. Shai Hope
6. Glenn Maxwell
7. Sarfraz Ahmed
8. James Pattinson
9. Simon Harmer
10. Jason Behrendorff
11. Lungi Ngidi

12. Anrich Nortje

Chewie

1. Alastair Cook (c)
2. Shikhar Dhawan
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Haris Sohail
5. Angelo Mathews
7. Kaushal Silva (+)
8. Vernon Philander
9. Steve O'Keefe
10. Kemar Roach
11. Mohammad Abbas

Spark

1. Aidan Markram
2. Dean Elgar
3. Cheteshwar Pujara
4. Zubayr Hamza
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Shreyas Iyer
8. Pat Cummins
9. Rangana Herath
10. Peter Siddle
11. Jackson Bird

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Rankings (I've more or less ignored FC players I don't know so if they add or detract to the team keep that in mind)

1. Daemon
2. Spark
3. Marcuss
4. Koyal Kamplers
5. Chewie
6. Howe
7. Squirts
8. DBS CC
9. GoodAreasShane
10. Twelfth Team
11. Randy

Honestly don't think any team is poor yet. Randy has just been picking more players I'm not familiar with, and I think Perera was probably the first poor pick so far. Well besides Kuggs anyway.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kuggs pick really means you deserve to be last IMO. Hoping that in the last rounds you really spud it up.

morgieb

Rankings (I've more or less ignored FC players I don't know so if they add or detract to the team keep that in mind)

1. Daemon
2. Spark
3. Marcuss
4. Koyal Kamplers
5. Chewie
6. Howe
7. Squirts
8. DBS CC
9. GoodAreasShane
10. Twelfth Team
11. Randy

Honestly don't think any team is poor yet. Randy has just been picking more players I'm not familiar with, and I think Perera was probably the first poor pick so far. Well besides Kuggs anyway.
I think Archer is a worse pick than Perera. At least Perera has decent Test returns (in very friendly conditions tbf, but still...) to go back on, and I don't think there's too many better spinners left over. Archer's mostly bowled well at Div 2 (where Pattinson averaged 12) and his batting is irrelevant given Jadeja and Woakes were already in the team (as well as Perera). How Randy goes probably comes down to how Woakes/Jadeja fare. His batting is poor and while Steyn can carry the bowling when fit, how often will he be so?

Reckon Dan and GAS are probably the weakest. Dan's side really lacks consistent star factor whereas GAS's attack is either ridiculously injury prone (Pattinson/Behrendorff) or a little unproven (Ngidi/Nortje).

Would probably rate Chewie's team the highest, his bowling is amazing and his batting looks pretty solid too. My main worry with Daemon is that he hasn't sorted out his top order yet, and I don't really think there's many good options there leftover. Even though he has arguably the best two batsmen in the comp at 4/5. Can't really rate myself but otherwise would probably agree with your Top 6 (if maybe not in that order).

Agree most sides look pretty good. Helps there's only 12 teams I guess.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think Chewie's team is very very good, but his batting is slightly worse than it first seems. Quality players but all are currently either treading water, or outright declining. His bowling is h4x though. I'm pretty mad that you bastards let him get those players.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Gambling a bit on my bowling lineup, will they damage opposition top orders or just damage themselves first.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah randy's bowling attack + lower order combo is going to annoy a lot of people

Last edited:

Daemon

My top order is a big weakness imo, especially given the quality of quicks in all the teams. Vijay and two guys worse than Vijay isn't easy for Kohli and AB to cover on their own. Hopefully Pandya and Curran provide good lower order resistance.

Kamplers and Marcuss look pretty good to me

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My top order is a big weakness imo, especially given the quality of quicks in all the teams. Vijay and two guys worse than Vijay isn't easy for Kohli and AB to cover on their own. Hopefully Pandya and Curran provide good lower order resistance.

Kamplers and Marcuss look pretty good to me
Marcuss has the same problem as you though - Marcus Harris and two players worse than Marcus Harris. :p

I'd tentatively have Chewie as favourite at the moment.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marcuss has the same problem as you though - Marcus Harris and two players worse than Marcus Harris. :p

Two players picked later than Marcus Harris, doesn't mean they're worse #lateroundsteals

Daemon

He has the best #3 though, so top order is kinda ok.

Chewie's bowling is great but batting looks thin.