• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Premier League - sign up and general discussion

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Do batting positions matter? Presuming openers would be slightly different, but like batting 3 v batting 5?

Also, I presume averages will be updated during the seasons as tests are played IRL?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My season 1 team picked Yasir Shah before he'd played a test, I'll claim it
I remember slagging off Yasir Shah as a R11 pick in S3 CPL for Prez. Safe to say he was right there haha.

It does make me wonder if Pakistani domestic bowlers with h4x stats might actually be genuinely decent bowlers. Especially when you look at bowlers who'd some would write off as hacks dominate (Abbas)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Do batting positions matter? Presuming openers would be slightly different, but like batting 3 v batting 5?
Yeah they matter. It's one of the things I haven't finalised in the sim yet, but I've divided the players up into categories a little finer than just "opener" and "not opener", as basically used to be the case in old versions of this.

Also, I presume averages will be updated during the seasons as tests are played IRL?
Nah once the season starts the universe sort of forks from reality. They'll be updated the day of the first game being simmed though, right before the sim starts.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I remember slagging off Yasir Shah as a R11 pick in S3 CPL for Prez. Safe to say he was right there haha.

It does make me wonder if Pakistani domestic bowlers with h4x stats might actually be genuinely decent bowlers. Especially when you look at bowlers who'd some would write off as hacks dominate (Abbas)
Pakistan debuts about twenty Test class bowlers a year. Most of which are fairly average but almost never do they look totally out of depth.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Reminder that the window for picks is now 12 hours. Daemon can pick in 3 and a bit hours.

SillyCowCorner1

Was going through the archive threads. And saw a scorecard where the 4th inning tram chased down 500+ for the loss of one wicket.

That may have been the roadiest of roads.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Are you sure you weren't just reading a CD vs. Wellington scorecard from like 5 years ago :(

SillyCowCorner1

Haha. Some glitches from the program perhaps.

I tried to type 'team' and ended up with 'tram'

A tram chasing 500+

Spark

Global Moderator
season 1 had a heap of huge chases, some of them oddly straightforward.

although my favourite is still sourav ganguly scoring 370-odd off almost as many balls, having been 80* when shane bond came out to bat and 150* when jimmy anderson strolled to the crease

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My suburb of residence is literally on fire so if I stop posting for a couple of days, everyone listen to Athlai. Firefighters reckon it'll be fine atm though.