• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Premier League Season 3 - Discussion / Q & A Thread

MenInG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What is Cricket Web Premier League?

It's simple. It's just like real cricket, but it's online on this forum. You, the members of this forum will be the players who play for teams. Once you've signed up (see below), you'll be drafted into a team by one of the teams captains (to be decided later) and your details will be entered into a simulator (sim). You will be handed contracts by your captain. These contracts decide what average you will receive on the sim. The better the contract, the better the average. Matches are then simulated on the sim, where you can follow how well you and your team are going, how many wickets you've taken or how many runs you've scored. The sim produces ball by ball commentary, just like you see on cricinfo, as well as scorecards. Your real life cricketing ability does not determine how good you are on the sim.

What next?

Once the deadline for sign ups is over, a draft will take place where captains will take it in turns to pick players for their teams from the sign up list. Once teams have been picked, contracts will be handed out to the players by their captains (as explained above). Contracts will range from A to E (A being best, E being worst). There will be limits on each level of contract per team (more information later). From my experience, the most established or more authorative members of the forum receive the higher contracts.

Once this is complete, the season will begin. there will be a First Class, One Day and Twenty20 competition. The number of teams and number of games per competition can only be decided once we've collected all the sign ups.

Tips:

If you consider yourself to be a newer member of the forum in comparison to the other players, then I advise that you don't sign up as an All Rounder. Why? Chances are you will receive a low contract and all rounders with low contracts do not perform very well. Only all rounders with higher contracts tend to do well.

In the draft thread, please be enthusiastic but not annoying. By annoying I mean don't constantly say "I want to be picked" "Someone pick me" "I want to be in this team" "Can you pick me please?". It doesn't look good on yourself and the chances are you will be picked towards the end (or not picked at all). That might also be considered as spamming.

To make yourself stand out to being picked, improve your posting quality throughout the forum. Also remain active. If you sign up this competition and then become inactive or are less active, chances are that the captains will be reluctant to pick you.

Once the matches begin, support and cheer your team in the match threads. Whilst it is up to the captain, there might also be a team thread specific to your team to discuss your clubs performances, amongst other things. We also love friendly banter, so don't shy away from ribbing your opposition, but please keep it within limits and don't go overboard.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
And when I saw this while browsing CricketWeb, I thought we'd finally got the database done and were ready to get going.

WAC bot/multi

Last edited:

MenInG

If you want to join then fill the missing boxes please: This is mine!

Your username:MenInG
Playing Roll:Opening Batsmen
Batting Style:Right hand
Bowling Style: Right-arm fast

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Username: Cabinet96
Playing Role: 12th man. A.K.A drinks carrier.
Batting Style: Ambidextrous
Bowling Style: Pies

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Your username: Cevno
Playing Roll:Opening Batsmen / Leg Spinner (All rounder)
Batting Style:Right hand
Bowling Style: Right-arm Leg Spin bowler

Himannv

International Coach
Your username: Himannv
Playing Roll: Off-spinner
Batting Style: Left hand slogger
Bowling Style: Right-arm Off Spinner (wrist)

MenInG

Players:
Code:
MenInG
Cabinet96
Cevno
Himannv
Rvd619323

Last edited:

MenInG

seen as we are the first people to join, we get to be captains, pick your teams...

My Team: Dhamakedar Daynamites

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Saw this and hoped for Cribb to have finally delivered a database. In hindsight, that hope was rather misguided.

CWPL Season 2 is the new Forumer World Cup, IMO.

Username: rvd619323 (In hindsight, that username was rather misguided.)
Playing Role: Opening Batsman Wicketkeeper
Batting Style: Left handed, with a mean switch hit.
Bowling Style: Think Mohammad Sami, only better. So, Tino Best-esque then.

A wicketkeeping opening batsman who bowls some pies at 90mph. Seems legit to me.

MenInG

I have decided that we will pick team names, number of teams and captains when we have atleast 20 people.

Note:
Please share news about this league to everyone you can
Thank You

MenInG

Exclusive Competion:
Design the CWPL3 logo!
Prize to be decided later on...

Competion by: MenInG