• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sneaky Soldiers CC

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Season 1 -

Retentions -​

Kumar Sangakkara (Round 1)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul (Round 3)
Abhinav Mukund (Round 6/5 in season 2)
Nikita Miller (Round 14/13 in season 2)​

Draft Picks -

David Warner (Round 2)​

Lineup So Far -

1)Abhinav Mukund
2)David Warner
3)Kumar Sangakkara (Wk)
4)
5)
6)Shivnarine Chanderpaul
7)
8)
9)Nikita Miller
10)
11)

Last edited:

Eds

International Debutant
Imagine you'll be light on the ol' bowling, having retained Sanga and Chanderpaul as well as picking Warner in Round 2.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, let's see. Took somewhat of a gamble with my retentions which messed up with the draft order. Going with a different strategy now.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Miller an interesting choice of retention. He was very average in Season 1 correct?

He may prove a steal considering his Bradman like bowling figures in domestic cricket of late. I'm sure someone would have taken him earlier than Round 13 if available.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Season 1 -

Retentions -​

Kumar Sangakkara (Round 1)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul (Round 3)
Abhinav Mukund (Round 6/5 in season 2)
Nikita Miller (Round 14/13 in season 2)​

Draft Picks -

David Warner (Round 2)​

Lineup So Far -

1)Abhinav Mukund
2)David Warner
3)Kumar Sangakkara (Wk)
4)
5)
6)Shivnarine Chanderpaul
7)
8)
9)Nikita Miller
10)
11)
Announcing the acquisitions of Tharanga Paranavitana, Quinton Friend, Praveen Kumar and Rohit Sharma -

1)Abhinav Mukund
2)David Warner
3)Tharanga Paranavitana
4)Kumar Sangakkara (Wk)
5)Rohit Sharma
6)Shivnarine Chanderpaul
7)
8)
9)Nikita Miller
10)Praveen Kumar
11)Quinton Friend

Eds

International Debutant
Probably up there with the best if you can bolster that bowling attack.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Which is going to be nigh on impossible to do in Round 9.
Yeah; he doesn't have a recognised fifth bowler there at all either, so there's going be a lot of pressure on the four frontliners to do well. The team could really use a proper Test bowler instead of one of those several good batsmen; might be a trade opportunity.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Need to get a quality batting all rounder ideally somewhere, but that's going to be a problem. Messed up my retentions a bit in hindsight, which could have given me a better balance.

Probably will have to prepare a bowling h4x pitch now too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Anouncing the acquisition of Sourav Chandidas Ganguly -

1)Abhinav Mukund
2)David Warner
3)Tharanga Paranavitana
4)Kumar Sangakkara (Wk)
5)Rohit Sharma
6)Shivnarine Chanderpaul
7)Sourav Ganguly
8)
9)Nikita Miller
10)Praveen Kumar
11)Quinton Friend

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Probably not ideal, but gives me some sort of batsman who can bowl option. Bowled last season in FC too.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
With such a good top six (including your keeper) and unknown bowling attack, surely picking a predominately bowling player at 7 would've been a better idea. I understand that you figured that past a certain point all the bowlers were going to be of similar quality and that you might as well fill up your batting lineup, but this is a question more of team balance than order of selection.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf he could yet drop Ganguly. If he wanted him then it made sense to pick him now seeing as he's not likely to be available next round whereas he may feel that a bowler of similar quality, to one he could've picked now, will still be available.

Spark

Global Moderator
Think he's banking on a trade tbh, and just going with a pick-whoever's-best philosophy. Risky but could pay off.

Still a good pick, mind, 6th ranked player overall in s1 iirc. Bur risky.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tbf he could yet drop Ganguly. If he wanted him then it made sense to pick him now seeing as he's not likely to be available next round whereas he may feel that a bowler of similar quality, to one he could've picked now, will still be available.
Prioritising your twelfth man ahead of your four bowler seems to take the theory a little far.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
With such a good top six (including your keeper) and unknown bowling attack, surely picking a predominately bowling player at 7 would've been a better idea. I understand that you figured that past a certain point all the bowlers were going to be of similar quality and that you might as well fill up your batting lineup, but this is a question more of team balance than order of selection.
Yeah, might still do that but unsure after what happened last season, when i did the same and as a result the long tail ended up costing me games.

I had thought about picking some bowlers or a batting all rounder before my pick, but they were gone by the time my pick came so just went with what best i could get and needed a batsman who could bowl a bit too.

Might consider a trade later too, i guess.

Spark

Global Moderator
If that does end up being your top seven i can see your card at the end of the season looking like

wins: 3
draws: 10
losses: 3