• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 Draft Discussion

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Some interesting choices in the early drafting rounds.

If one lesson was to be gained from Season 1, teams must establish a strong bowling lineup. Good batsmen are easy to find, and any decent first class cricketer is capable of filling a position. However, strong bowlers are tough to identify.

Teja had a solid bowling lineup on paper in Season 1, however his team was garbage with the ball and players like Kartik, Kumar and Tahir ended up with terrible records despite appearing good choices at first.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Will the sim nerf me for playing batsmen what it considers to be out of position, e.g. if I give Mathews a go opening?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Some interesting choices in the early drafting rounds.

If one lesson was to be gained from Season 1, teams must establish a strong bowling lineup. Good batsmen are easy to find, and any decent first class cricketer is capable of filling a position. However, strong bowlers are tough to identify.

Teja had a solid bowling lineup on paper in Season 1, however his team was garbage with the ball and players like Kartik, Kumar and Tahir ended up with terrible records despite appearing good choices at first.
I have a feeling season one was rather on the bat**** side, though. What with Flintoff being better than he was for the last two years of his career despite being retired for two years, and so on.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Murali, Andre Adams and Phil Hughes have all been on my "hopefully no-one will notice them" list.
Nathan Lyon, David Hussey and Chris Gayle (to a lesser degree Hughes) were all on my 'pick this round' list. They went on the four consecutive picks before mine, or something similarly ridiculous.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nathan Lyon, David Hussey and Chris Gayle (to a lesser degree Hughes) were all on my 'pick this round' list. They went on the four consecutive picks before mine, or something similarly ridiculous.
Surprised you were going for Lyon really; I just picked him because I like him.

Eds

International Debutant
Good to know picking Gayle this round was a good move. Was so tempted to leave him for Round 5.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Surprised you were going for Lyon really; I just picked him because I like him.
Are you surprised that a man who picked Nevill first round may not be picking entirely on merit, or that there is a forumer yet to memorise which cricketers you may or may not like?