• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 Draft Discussion

Eds

International Debutant
So many of my picks gone in the last 10 or so.

And it looks like Marcuss has won this already. Kallis, Shakib, Katich, Laxman, Philander, Yousuf etc.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Worrying lack of quality left for so early on.
This. Retentions not helping the new group - with 42 players retained, for the most part the best of last season, the people who have joined this time are at a distinct disadvantage.

Have no idea who to try and draft TBH.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Just doing a comparison of Round 3 of the draft in season one and season 2.

Season 1 (Round picked in Season 2)

Katich (3)
Woakes (1)
Hussey (2)
Chanderpaul (3 - retained)
Dilshan (-)
Clarke (3 - retained)
Haddin (3 - retained)
Smith (3)
Samaraweera (3 - retained)
Ramprakash (3 - retained)
Finn (2)
KP (3)
Rashid (-)
Mendis (-)
Davies (-)
Harbhajan (-)

Season 2 (Round picked in Season 1)

Herath (14)
Amla (1)
Vettori (2)
Mark Ramprakash (3 - retained)
Taylor (8)
Haddin (3 - retained)
Cummins (Not drafted)
Kohli (8)
KP (3)
Trent Boult (-)
Chanderpaul (3 - retained)
Clarke (3 - retained)
Samaraweera (3)
Graeme Smith (3)
Rehman (-)
Katich (3)
Dravid (3 - retained)

Make of that what you will.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just like to re-iterate how much I hate you Spark. Screwed everything up :(

Looking at last seasons stats, wtf was the go with the bowlers seemingly being slaughtered for the most part?

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha if team balance lets me I might trade you afterwards for Patto. Everyone wins.

Aren't that many good, established bowlers going around basically. Will be a little better this year but only a little since they haven't had time to settle yet.

Howe_zat

Audio File
A general trend of people favouring the long batting lineup and pitches that didn't break down, I think.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Going to be a long wait till my next pick.

Had shortlisted about 6/7 players before my last pick, don't think any will last even beyond round 5.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed, although if you do want to have another pick sooner i'm prepared to only have a 15 player squad and trade my round 5 pick for Kumar? 8|