• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 Draft Discussion

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're only up once, you retained Watto in R1 so only needed to pick R2.
Now Flem's back up.

Johnners

Nah. If I were really choosing favourites there'd be four, maybe five names I'd be going for. I already have two of them and another two are already gone.
The main reason I selected Pattinson first was beacuse I thought you'd be gunning for him? Realised afterwards that you don't actually get to pick for the first 3 rounds anyway 8| (not that I regret it ftr, such a gun)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
It would be interesting to see how Round 1 of drafting may have looked without the player retentions.

I would still have picked Sachin regardless. He was such a jet in Season 1, and recent form aside he would be hard to beat for a star batsman. Guaranteed to average 30 this season now I say this.

Jarquis

Quite a lot of favourites have gone it seems but I wanted a quality spinner to compliment Harris and Philander so was tossing up between Ajmal and Shakib. Shakib the much better batsman (obvz) and Ajmal got picked anyway (obvz) so was a no contest.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Really wanted Zaheer. My plan to just try and draft a new attack went so badly, everyone else retained at least one bowler and then all the Test-standard ones starting going in round one.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really wanted Zaheer. My plan to just try and draft a new attack went so badly, everyone else retained at least one bowler and then all the Test-standard ones starting going in round one.
Including the one you actually did try to pick in Round 2. :p

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Every one of England and South Africa's front line seamers had been taken before I had my first pick. And the only Australian ones remaining where Hilfenhaus and Cummins.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Every one of England and South Africa's front line seamers had been taken before I had my first pick. And the only Australian ones remaining where Hilfenhaus and Cummins.
Hilfenhaus was picked by Vimes in post #3, so he was gone too. Howe just being a bit daft.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
People need to stop ****ing up my plans or I'll just have to draft an awesome team again and lol

Eds

International Debutant
Was kind of hoping Murali would slip through with the not playing FC since 2010 lark. Ah well.