Cricket Player Manager
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2 Draft Discussion

Still averages about 25 in FC cricket. He probably won't be as good as last season, but he's still definitely makes any of our XIs.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Simon Champion!
    Start up thinking about picking a bowler, but realize soon that all the shortlisted options have been picked up already. End up picking another batsman.
    Last edited by Cevno; 13-04-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Don't reckon Copes would make my side tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Start up thinking about picking a bowlers but realize soon that all the shortlisted option have been picked up already. End up picking another batsman.
    I guess you'll be relying on trades.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Bowlers needed to be selected early. Left to pick from first class journeymen or take a stab at one of the bowlers from some **** competition who carries a very good record.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    I selected all my bowlers by round 6. Hoping there's still a few decent bats left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    Bowlers needed to be selected early. Left to pick from first class journeymen or take a stab at one of the bowlers from some **** competition who carries a very good record.
    Since 2008:
    David Masters, 287 wickets @ 21.47

Ftr, that's better than Mark Davies' entire career and he was picked in R6.
    Last edited by Marcuss; 13-04-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Since 2008:
    David Masters, 287 wickets @ 21.47

Ftr, that's better than Mark Davies' entire career and he was picked in R6.
    And boy did you ever need to be the one who found a quality bowler from outside the Test ranks, given your attack was struggling so much with the likes of Philander, Harris and Shakib occupying places in your eleven.

Or not.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 13-04-2012 at 08:04 AM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

div 2 though. top pick, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    And boy did you ever need to be the one who found a quality bowler from outside the Test ranks, given your attack was struggling so much with the likes of Philander, Harris and Shakib occupying places in your eleven.

Or not.
    Yeah, maybe was a bit silly picking a bowler. I think I'm a bit light on batting as it stands.

Yeah, maybe was a bit silly picking a bowler. I think I'm a bit light on batting as it stands.
    I wasn't questioning your strategy as such; I just found it amusing that with all these people seemingly desperate to find another good bowler or two from beyond the Test world, it was the manager with the best attack by a long way already who pulled it off.

If your batting is struggling at the start of the season then you can always drop a bowler and roll with Kallis at first change anyway, giving you a stupidly deep batting lineup with Shakib at 8, a wicket keeper at 9, Philander at 10 and Harris at 11.

Batting Harris at 11 would also get you a big sponsorship package offer from HypnoNev Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I wasn't questioning your strategy as such; I just found it amusing that with all these people seemingly desperate to find another good bowler or two from beyond the Test world, it was the manager with the best attack by a long way already who pulled it off.

If your batting is struggling at the start of the season then you can always drop a bowler and roll with Kallis at first change anyway, giving you a stupidly deep batting lineup with Shakib at 8, a wicket keeper at 9, Philander at 10 and Harris at 11.

Batting Harris at 11 would also get you a big sponsorship package offer from HypnoNev Inc.
    I was taking the piss. I have no room for another batsman
    All I needed was a keeper and somebody to bowl first change, so I picked the best person I could think of to bowl first change.

I appreciate the point you were making in your initial post, you just didn't pick up on me being facetious.

I was taking the piss. I have no room for another batsman
    You could've picked another batsman and ran with the unbeatable lower order if you wanted; Kallis could handle first change given the other bowlers you have.

I appreciate the point you were making in your initial post, you just didn't pick up on me being facetious.
    I detected your facetiousness but assumed you were doing it somewhat sarcastically to defend your pick against an attack that I hadn't in fact made. As it turned out, your facetiousness merely stemmed from the fact that you're facetious.

did you know facetious is the only word in the english language in which every vowel appears, in order

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    did you know facetious is the only word in the english language in which every vowel appears, in order
    What about facetiousness?

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information