• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 Draft Discussion

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gah, 4 players I was considering gone in 5 picks. Hopes is an excellent pickup imo (was going to be my next pick :()

Flem274*

123/5
Not sure what to think of this years Squirts. We're picking players we like ahead of whoever we think the best player is (though we're starting to run out of favourites), but while they're not brilliant they're not terrible either. We badly lack superstar players but hey, after last season the only way is up.

weeman27bob

International Regular
1. Smith
2. Sehwag
3. Bopara
4. Benkenstien
5. Hussey
6. Bravo
7. Bresnan
8. Rahim
9. Bhajji
10. Sammy
11. Russell

I reckon that'd be a pretty solid test team.

Himannv

International Coach
Team for now:
01. Phillip Hughes
02. Phil Jaques
03. Rilee Rossouw
04. James Taylor
05. James Hildreth
06. Mark Cosgrove
07. Kaushal Silva+
08. Chris Woakes
09. Andre Adams
10. Muttiah Muralitharan
11. Glenn McGrath

Howe_zat

Audio File
1. Fawad Alam
2. Tillakaratne Dilshan (6)
3. Dinesh Chandimal+
4. Younis Khan
5. Gary Ballance
6. Angelo Mathews*
7. Mohammed Hafeez (5)
8. Graeme Swann (3)
9. Rangana Herath (4)
10. Glen Chapple (1)
11. Ravi Rampaul (2)

Jarquis

Batting lineup all wrong IMO

Hafeez
Dilshan
Younis
Fawad
Chandimal
Mathews
Ballance
Chapple
Swann
Herath
Rampaul

IMO

Last edited:

Jarquis

Open to suggestion
Edited in above.

Just a bit strange to have an opener at 7 when you've got a middle order batsman opening.
Younis who has largely batted 3 in his career so Fawad slips in beneath him.
The order of 4-6 is up for some discussion, I just feel that the 3 blokes there should be Fawad/Chanders/Angelo.
Ballance at 7 as I reckon the 3 above him in the middle order are better batsmen. Plus Mathews has shown to be dire with the tail from a real-life perspective.
Also Chapple has been scoring more consistent runs in FC for the last few years, though an argument could be made depending on the value of FC vs Test runs.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah, a lot of that makes sense. I didn't really think about it when I put the team up, I just put Fawad, Mathews and Chandimal where they batted for me in season 1.

weeman27bob

International Regular
1. Graeme Smith
2. Virender Sehwag (6)
3. Ravi Bopara (8)
4. Dale Benkenstien
5. Mike Hussey (7)
6. Dwayne Bravo (2)
7. Tim Bresnan (1)
8. Mushfiqur Rahim
9. Harbhajan Singh (5)
10. Darren Sammy (3)
11. Andre Russell (4)

Lots of bowling there.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Vijay
2. Hayden
3. Amla
4. Rahane
5. Bell
6. Pujara
7. Dhoni
8. Senenyake
9. Morkel
10. Gul
11. Edwards

Decent side.

Jarquis

Glen Chapple, Samit Patel, Michael Carberry, Gary Ballance, Sam Robson were all in my bookmarks.

Not saying much though as about half of the world is.