• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 Draft Discussion

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
About time someone picked Silva. In fact I probably should've taken him over Dhoni.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Your beef is with Noble One, I was planning on picking Mackenzie, and he nabbed him the go before mine. WAC.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tamim
Katto
BMac
God
MoYo
Very Very ***y
Shakeeeeeeb
Some keeper
Better than Steyn
Rhino
PhD

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Amazed to find McKenzie still available. He wasn't on my shortlist as I figured he would be selected by now.

Noble One

Ganguly selected now. I expected him to be taken by round 6. Such a brilliant performer in Season 1 and has good recent form IRL.

Spark

Global Moderator
I was hoping he'd fly under the radar one round longer, I just wanted to get an opener and my 4th bowler in first.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I thought both Ganguly and Copeland were retained, for some reason. I would have taken them both by now if that was the case.

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah given that I'd retained Ponting and Clarke, retaining Ganguly as well would've made my retentions a bit batsman-heavy.

And Copeland had been picked by GS who isn't participating this time.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know GIMP's going for a Pom thing, but Lumb's a bit of a crap pick.

Thought Ganguly would go under the radar due to his inactivity :(.

Was unconvinced about Copeland because he was fairly ordinary last season.

Spark

Global Moderator
Still averages about 25 in FC cricket. He probably won't be as good as last season, but he's still definitely makes any of our XIs.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Start up thinking about picking a bowler, but realize soon that all the shortlisted options have been picked up already. End up picking another batsman. :p

Last edited:

Noble One

Bowlers needed to be selected early. Left to pick from first class journeymen or take a stab at one of the bowlers from some **** competition who carries a very good record.