• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 2 discussion

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I propose that the winners are allowed to select a player from each team as compensation for being so awesome.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well at the very least we'd need another one or two people prepared to organise and sim the thing again. I think it's fair to give it a break for a while, and then maybe later in the year start looking to re-draft.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nah, re-draft.

Firstly, the database has changed significantly from what we originally picked, and people would make different decisions, especially towards their retired players. Secondly, half a dozen managers lost interest over the hiatus and I'd rather we replace them with people who'll stick with it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah, re-draft.

Firstly, the database has changed significantly from what we originally picked, and people would make different decisions, especially towards their retired players. Secondly, half a dozen managers lost interest over the hiatus and I'd rather we replace them with people who'll stick with it.
I'm not saying we stick with the same squads ftr, just give people the option of retaining some of their players.

Despite winning the competition there's not actually that many players I'd retain.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How big were squads? I'm usually in favour of the option of retaining ~ a third.
Archive all the current threads.
Make up a thread asking for interest. Any current managers who don't say they'd like to keep their squads lose their spots and all their players become free agents.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd probably be interested in joining up for Season 2, if there are spots available for it.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
In favour of new players inheriting an existing side. Give everyone the opportunity to release whoever they please, and then we can draft from the remaining pool.

Need strong interest for this to survive. This competition lost all momentum 2/3rds of the way through.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I've been disinterested because I've been (mis)managing someone else's team. I'd be in if all players were put up for re-drafting.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How big were squads? I'm usually in favour of the option of retaining ~ a third.
Archive all the current threads.
Make up a thread asking for interest. Any current managers who don't say they'd like to keep their squads lose their spots and all their players become free agents.
16 man squads.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I propose is:
- Those currently with teams have first choice to keep their spots.
- If they elect to keep their squads then they have the option of retaining 5 (or 6?) players from their current squads.
- For those who don't wish to keep their squads, then all players are released. No taking over of squads by others. Creates an unfair advantage between new managers if one inherits a better drafted squad due to no action on their part.
- If there is an expanded league then neutral pitches and everybody plays everybody once.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Maximum of 5 works for me.

How does a new deaft work with retentions?
I'd assume that you miss out the number of round of the beginning equal in number to the number of people you retain?

So if you retain one player, you take part from round 2 onwards in the draw. If you retain 2, you take part in round 3 onwards.