• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Comments

PY

International Coach
Comments and Questions

If we aren't allowed to comment in the Predictions thread (which is fair enough) then maybe we should have a sticky thread where we can?

Just a thought.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Andre's efforts for the Eng v NZ game:

NZ
Eng
Styris
Hoggard

Good work with Styris and Hoggard. :laugh:

Neil is looking good at the moment. With Harmo doing well, a possibility of Butcher getting top bat and the runs being possible and wickets being possible as well.

PY

International Coach
By my reckoning, the runs total stands at 1171 which is 100-odd short of Neil's.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
By my reckoning, the runs total stands at 1171 which is 100-odd short of Neil's.
Misread Andre's as Neil's - either way don't see Neil's being right unless it rains...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Adamc said:
Did anyone pick Gillespie for highest SR?
No. And the way Vermeulen is launching Hogg at the moment, perhaps it's well and good.

Still, had Kaspa for lowest Econ - which is still possible :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yep... an Lehmann has bowled fractionally over 10% of the overs.. so he gets the ER bonus.

4-7!! Whoever's got him in LftA must've enjoyed that..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
Yep... an Lehmann has bowled fractionally over 10% of the overs.. so he gets the ER bonus.

4-7!! Whoever's got him in LftA must've enjoyed that..
No. I had Kaspa in the predictions league.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And Gillespie got it by 1 run - so 3 of the 4 so far have been as close as possible for qualifying!

PY

International Coach
Hmmm Kaspa beats Gillespie even though Gillespie takes 5 wickets and Kaspa none. A little strange.

Could it be worked that you do : number of runs / (number of overs + number of wickets).

I say this because someone could take 7/46 off ten and his mate down the other end takes 0/45 off 10 and his mate would be the better bowler.

Only a few thoughts, feel free to ignore (though I wouldn't mind some reason, please)

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If we did that we'd have to start the points again - the rules are clear and don't claim to be perfect, but at the end of the day, economy is slightly more important, and this sort of scenario won't happen very often.

It also needs ot be fairly easy to calculate, and when you start adding things like that in, it becomes tricky!

biased indian

International Coach
have a question?
is batsmen selected from winning team only or not in ODI ?

who is selected in this case

Team A score 300 and one batsmen score 80 of 40 deliveris SR =200.00

Team B All out for 100 one batsmen score 10 of 4 balls SR 250.00

Who si selected?

y dont we take the total score as AVG of both team the the min run req in this case will be 20 intead of 10

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As with PY's suggestion it's too late to change the rules, and I stand by them anyway - I think this adds a little bit of a challenge as a low scoring team tends to have tail-enders swinging away

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
To Adamc, who felt the need to specify that S. Jones would take the most wickets at Headingley: if Geraint Jones take the most wickets in that Test, I will walk to Headingley barefoot.