• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Comments

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Samuel_Vimes said:
To Adamc, who felt the need to specify that S. Jones would take the most wickets at Headingley: if Geraint Jones take the most wickets in that Test, I will walk to Headingley barefoot.
Yes I know. I originally had it just as Jones, but I realised that Neil (or anyone else) could get pedantic about it (not that I'd expect him to).

Piper

International Captain
Hi everyone, Im new here my name is Piper! I really wanted New Zealand to win even though i live in England i was born in Auckland! So i was upset :@ I think New Zealand will win the one dayers though :D

Waughney

International Debutant
Your supposed to post that in "Cricket Chat" (ie. New Zealand in England) not Cricket Web International Prediction League, which is a competition.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A Big thanks to Neil.

I will concentrate for now on getting the new round threads up, and will aim to update all scores at the weekend.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Marc I haven't been into this for a while but now i'm back...don't you do averages anymore? Whats the point of all this without averages!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The averages are hard to maintain, so will be periodic.

The addition of ODI's has increased my workload considerably.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
OK thats fair enough I can understand that....but without averages the game is meaningless and there is no way to reveal who is truly the best at predicting! (Unless we work them out ourselves, but we ain't doing that!!;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I will try to provide them when this Asia Cup malarky finishes - think that should be after the 2nd Test between England and the Windies - then there's a clear week I believe.

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
What is the record for the most number of points in one prediction?

Has anyone ever been spot on in every aspect?

V. Reddy got 45....that's the highest I've seen in the 2 or 3 weeks I've been here...

also...i was wondering...how do you calculate this? do you have some trick or do you just grind the numbers?

Last edited:

CrimeMasterGogo

School Boy/Girl Captain
no no...i understand how the game works..

but how do YOU calculate all the scores so quickly...do you do it manually..or do you use some automated process

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Oh right - it's a spreadsheet - formulae already in, score summaries linked together.

It just needs to ensure no user error now!