• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Future - One Days?

Bazza

International 12th Man
I like the idea of doing ODIs but I suppose there would be a drawback with the regularity of games, sometimes they are on consecutive days.

So yes, maybe a series would be better, and you could include more categories:

- Result (eg 3-2)
- Total runs (eg 2000)
- Total wickets (eg 80)
- Most runs, best SR, most wickets, best ER, most catches?

I would be willing to lend you a hand in running it Marc.

Also if you could find a way of getting the number of points possible and likely to be similar, you could run two separate tables and a combined one.

NikhilN

International Regular
I have a idea for tests...how about giving points if someone guess right that if it is a Inning win or not.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't intend changing the Test scoring as I think it covers just about everything that is essential - the innings is already covered by wickets anyway!

The One Day, if implemented, will start after the SL Zim and WI Eng series

V Reddy

International Debutant
Keep tests as the same and for one day series

Winner
Top Rungetter
" wickettaker
Top catcher (including/excluding keeper is your choice)
Man of the series

Not much complicated this one :). You can include runs and wickets depending on whether you can do it

biased indian

International Coach
ODI series ODI matches are too frequent

for a series of 5 matches say

1) Result (3-2)
2) SR batsmen minimum(matches*20 runs ie 100 in this case)
3) ER bowlers minimum(matches*4 overs ie 20 in this case)
4) Best Performer of series( runs+wickets*25+catches*5+runouts*5)
5) Top run scorer
6) Top Wicket taker

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm actually leaning towards matches in ODI's to be honest - with the offers of help, we can cover it I think.

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:
I'm actually leaning towards matches in ODI's to be honest - with the offers of help, we can cover it I think.
if so

1) predict result say (win chasing)
2) top run scorer
3) top wicket taker
4) no of extras in the match
5) no of wickets (total match)
6) best performer(runs+wickets*25+catches*5+runout*5)