• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions League: Eng vs Bang

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Predictions League

Fellow members, now is the chance to prove you can predict Test Cricket better than anyone else on this forum!

If this initial round is a success, for each Test Match I will make a list of things to predict, and points will be awarded based on getting things right as folllows:

Toss: 2 points
Result: 10 points (if Tied, it counts as a draw)
Batsman scoring most runs in Match: 10 points
Bowler with best Match Figures: 10 points
Total runs in Match: Spot on 15 points, within 10 runs 10 points, with 25 runs 7 points, within 50 runs 5 points, within 100 runs 2 points.
Total wickets to fall in Match: Spot on 10 points, within 1 wicket 7 points, within 2 wickets 5 points, within 3 wickets 2 points.

The first match is Bangladesh vs. England - predictions need to be in before the game starts, and if you wish to change then please post a new post.

I'll go first:
Toss: Bangladesh
Result: England win
Batsman: Thorpe
Bowler: Rafique
Runs: 700
Wickets: 28

Last edited:

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Toss: England
Batsman: Vaughan
Bowler: Harmison (Presuming he plays.)
Runs: 850
Wickets: 32

Last edited:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Sorry then:(

Surely expanding it couldnt have hurt

Toss:England
result:England
batsman:Trescothick
bowler:Hoggard
runs:750
wickets:30

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
Bowler: Harmison (Presuming he plays.)
How could he not? With our selectors anyway...

Can someone explain to me why Clarke keeps getting picked? I suspect he will get into the Test XI purely on potential, having not done anything this tour.

Result: England
Bowler: Hoggard
Runs: 751 ;)
Wickets: 30

PY

International Coach
Batsman: Trescothick
Bowler: Harmison
Runs: 950
Wickets: 26

Had just finished reading Anderson's profile on CW so had it in my head and wrote that down.......sorry, if I'm not allowed to change it then so-be-it, I'll still win :baddevil:

Last edited:

V Reddy

International Debutant
TOSS Bangladesh
WIN England
RUNS Trescothick
WICKETS Ashley Giles
RUNS 913
WICKETS 34

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
iamdavid said:
Sorry then:(

Surely expanding it couldnt have hurt
When it's based on one match It can!

The plan is to cover all Test matches if this is a success - but we need a few days free before each game to allow people the chance to post!

PY

International Coach
Rich2001 said:
Umm Good Luck :lol:

Iam sorry but even this guy can't get wickets while putting his feet up at home in sunny Lancashire :P
Oops I've edited it if I'm allowed :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Batsman: Trescothick
Bowler: Hoggard
Runs: 1050
Wickets: 29

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
I did say new post in the rules, but that may be looked at if this thing takes off.

BTW Liam, read the news.
Lol. I knew that. :)

I did the report for Cricket Web. :) That was a blonde moment (although I'm not blonde).

Edited.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Toss: Bangladesh
Result: Draw
Bowler: Harmison
Runs: 840
Wickets: 33

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
DD's entry