• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should we continue?

pasag

RTDAS
Perm has greatly offered to take over the prediction league, although it's not worth his while to take over if there is not enough participation.

So can we have an activity check of sorts here of those who want to see this continue and those who want to participate in the future. We should have about 15 or so names here for this to continue, imo.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like I mentioned in marc's resignation thread, I'd be happy to take over but would have to limit the amount of stats work. FTR I'll be renewing my participation again, even if somebody else is more keen to run it.

grecian

Yes, I'd like it to continue:)

If Perm is worried about the workload, he could just keep it to Tests. So many meaningless ODIs nowadays, I couldn't keep up.

Perm

Yes, I'd like it to continue:)

If Perm is worried about the workload, he could just keep it to Tests. So many meaningless ODIs nowadays, I couldn't keep up.
I'd prefer to do both, it's just the averages and frequency of predictions threads would more than likely not continue.

pasag

RTDAS
And me, that's 8 so far.

Natman20, Pokerboy, Mr Wright, Vic, James90 are other regulars who could confirm their interest. A few more and we should have the numbers to go.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Well i think there shouldnt be every match prediction in the league.....if we have only meaningful games to predict then it would be more fun and more people will likely come to predict, i predicted most of the games untill the world cup but then games like india v Bang, i couldnt be bothered to keep up......

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well i think there shouldnt be every match prediction in the league.....if we have only meaningful games to predict then it would be more fun and more people will likely come to predict, i predicted most of the games untill the world cup but then games like india v Bang, i couldnt be bothered to keep up......
Which games are meaningful and which aren't is very subjective to different people though. I'm sure LA-ICE would be much more interested in predicting Cyprus v Papua New Guinea than the Ashes, for example.

Anyway, I never got involved in this earlier because I wasn't sure how exactly to join and whatnot, but it always looked interesting so a new management presents the perfect opportunity for me to get involved. So count me in, if that's doable.

Majin

International Debutant
Anyway, I never got involved in this earlier because I wasn't sure how exactly to join and whatnot, but it always looked interesting so a new management presents the perfect opportunity for me to get involved. So count me in, if that's doable.
Pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. :)

Perm

Which games are meaningful and which aren't is very subjective to different people though. I'm sure LA-ICE would be much more interested in predicting Cyprus v Papua New Guinea than the Ashes, for example.

Pretty much exactly what I wanted to say. :)
You two would both be very welcome to join :)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
And me, that's 8 so far.

Natman20, Pokerboy, Mr Wright, Vic, James90 are other regulars who could confirm their interest. A few more and we should have the numbers to go.
I say we have enough.

All the names you mentioned above are regulars anyway. So i hope to get this thing started again.

Perm

If it is okay with everybody then I will be taking over at the end of the Asia vs Africa ODI series, if BB doesn't mind posting the details for the last match. I'll just need a wee bit of time to get things sorted since I'm quite busy at school.

Mister Wright

And me, that's 8 so far.

I'm in, but think we should get rid of the minnow games.

EDIT: Perm, I can help out in some sort of way also, just get on to me on msn and we can discuss.

EDIT2: Also, I think we should have some kind of tie break question in the case of a draw for the top 3. Say, for ODIs what will be the team total in the 13th over of the 2nd innings?, And a test, what will be the amount of wickets taken by the time 200 runs are scored in the 1st innings? Could add a bit more fun to it.

We have the chance to make modifications now to start again. Marc did an excellent job, but it isn't his baby any more.

Last edited:

Perm

What is your MSN Kyle? FWIW I wouldn't be in favour of eliminating the minnow games. Every game that has ODI or Test status should be considered for predictions in my eyes.