• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need for new management

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If anyone wants to see the predictions league continue, somebody else will need to take over and do it as after this post I will be taking leave from the forums, for how long I'm not sure.

I have too many things on and have lost the motivation to come onto the forums because of the inconsistent moderating and double standards that exist in applying the rules, as well as the obsession some people have in having the last word on every subject even though absolutely nothing is added to the topic and all they are doing is boosting their own post count (their second obsession)

If anyone wishes to take this over, they know my email address (and if they don't then I doubt it'd be that hard to get it) - I can send the spreadsheets and information about how I've done it so far so that it doesn't die.

Be warned though, it's not a 5 minute job by any stretch of the imagination and will require someone with a fair bit of dedication to the cause, dedication I no longer have for the reasons listed above.

May see you all around someday.

Best of luck

Marc.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure whether I'd be able to keep up with all the stats and stuff, but I'd be keen to run the prediction threads.

pasag

RTDAS
Wow, sad to see you leave this, probably one of my most favourite things on the site and your dedication to it has been much appreciated. Hopefully someone else can take over because it would be a great shame if it died.

pasag

RTDAS
Not sure whether I'd be able to keep up with all the stats and stuff, but I'd be keen to run the prediction threads.
Missed this, but I'd support you taking over fully. I think it would be a great move and I'm sure everyone else would agree.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Said it before in Dev legue and saying it again that its been a big shock. Goodluck Marc.
Hopefully this will go on and i am more than happy for Perm to take this over as it would be a big shame if we lose this.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow. Jesus. Shocker. :-O

Fair play to marc for his efforts with the predictions & the everything else he's done for the site, really. Hope you'll be back soon, mate.

Not convinced I could be arsed to run such an undertaking, but would love to see it continue if some other braver soul steps up.

pasag

RTDAS
I was wondering if one of more computer literate members could make a program where you copy everyones entries into the program, along with the relevant scorecard info and it produces everyones score and the results etc. Would be awesome tbh.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Make me a sandwich which puts all it's own meat, vegies and sauces on the bread, as well as giving me a good range of options.

Then we'll talk.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If I was to start running the Predictions Forum then I don't think I'd be able to manage to keep up with the averages etc, it would just be a basic predictions thing with awards to the winner of each series and overall standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.