• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Thread of Thanks...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I know that people have probably e-mailed, or mentioned in certain threads, their appreciation of what Marc and steds are doing, but I thought a thread to highlight it would be good. Especially with regards to the different competitions that you've started, outside of the overall standings. It makes it more interesting for the casual player such as myself, and sees you rewarding quality as well as quantity of predictions.

I hope that the response you've had since the revitalization of the Predictions League has been satisfying for you guys, especially Marc (well, he seems to be the public face of it all).

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah lots of thanks to Marc, probably one of my favourite aspects of the site. Think Bennett has done sfa though.

oz_fan

International Regular
Thanks Marc for the work you do with the Prediction league. Interest seems to be high and a lot of that is due to you posting the matches and updating the results and statistics quickly. You're doing a great job.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Thanks guys - it's good to see it being so well supported - never thought we'd get 17 or 18 entries for every World Cup game, especially with it being so intense in terms of games.

As for Steds role - he's here as back up, I didn't think it would run so smoothly as it seems to be, so needed someone to be able to take it on if I were finding it too much or were away for extended periods with work - fortunately so far, neither have happened to a great degree.

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah. It's a truly excellent job you're doing and it's much appreciated from everyone. This place keeps me away from Off Topic and Rodgiegate. Maybe Mitchell should predict more often.

cricman

International 12th Man
This is definently a great part of the Cricketweb along with fantasy so i wanna thank you everybody involved espically marc.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
<mumbles> Yeah, whatever. Cheers. :p

Nah, seriously, good on yer, mate! I've only very recently broken my nerd-like 100% tipping run.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blimey - that slipped under the radar.

Means I've made a mistake in some of my recent overall standings, I can no longer look at the number of predictions you've made and use that as the total number of rounds played!

Did confuse me as I was sure there'd been more games since the previous update, but couldn't work out why!