• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Return of an old favourite?

Should the predictions league be brought back?

• Tests and ODIs in a combined table

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
With the forum having a lot more members than it did a year or so back (and me having a bit more time on my hands now my exams are out of the way) I'm considering bringing back the Predictions League.

Test matches would definitely be done, but I'm not sure whether to bring back ODIs and if so whether to have 1 combined game or 2 separate ones.

What would the interest in it be? I've set up a poll to gauge responses.

For those that weren't around, it basically involved predicting toss winner, outcome of the game, total runs and wickets as well as best batsman and bowler.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ALFTA took an extreme length of time to run with only a few people benefitting and even fewer people actually involved.

This won't take so long (although if ODIs come in I may look for some help) and will involve a lot more people.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not 100% sure what it is, but went for this one tests and ODIs in separate tables.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds good, I’m rather excellent at predicating cricket matches.

For instance Sri Lanka vs. South Africa, “The series will not be as one sided as many people feel”. Subsequently South Africa lose by an innings and hundred odd runs, and two Sri Lanka batsman nearly break every batting record under the sun.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
I would go for it. It seems like a good idea - more details for those who havent heard of it before, will there be points, scoring etc

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't mind having a go at this, it looks fairly interesting.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well it's looking quite like a comeback will happen.

Next I need a volunteer to help ease the load on me...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
marc71178 said:
Well it's looking quite like a comeback will happen.

Next I need a volunteer to help ease the load on me...
I'll make it easy for whoever volunteers!

marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk