• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
England Schedule:

Feb 27 - India v England
Mar 02 - England v Ireland
Mar 07 - England v Australia
Mar 11 - Bangladesh v England
Mar 17 - England v West Indies

Tactics time. Here's the XI.

marc71178
TombolaG
Neil Pickup
Eds
GIMH
Flyonthewall
BoyBrumby
MW1304
Kweek
Marcuss
Howe_zat

No need to mess about with the batting order. Being a batsman short would be a good reason for one of the bowling all-rounders to open up as a hitter, but all the top 8 batsmen are entred as "aggressive", so we wouldn't be gaining anything.

As for bowling, all of the 6 bowlers are down as aggressive except Brumby (moderate). So it might be a good idea to keep him for the middle overs and bowl Marcuss first change.

Other than that I've not much to go on. Ideas?

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Well team-make-up-wise we're essentially Pakistan, so lets just have no organisation or team spirit and see where it takes us.

At least we can say we're talented even when we get humiliated.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
GIMH to be Imran Khan......

either way, he always plays the part of an overrated allrounder, English or Pakistani.. :ph34r:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kinda wish I signed up with more bowling. My inventive slogging and care-free reverse sweeps look wasted in this lineup*

*England's profound ability to collapse not withstanding.

Howe_zat

Audio File
As Matthew Prior, I demand to be given at least 38 chances to fail as opening batsman.
Have decided to put you in at #3, i.e. the only position at which Prior has not failed in ODIs. This is a foolproof plan.

Similarly, I can confirm that England have never lost an ODI that involved them playing four different types of spinner. Might as well give us the trophy.

Jarquis

I.. I... I've... I've godda.. Hey, hey, where are my keys?... *mumble*dribble*... I've godda go rescue my cat.. *hick*.. or summin....
Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Skip, I would like you to arrange security, too many birds outside my hotel room wanting action. No more than three at a time, please.

Also, giz a bowl

Jarquis

Where's the nearest *hick* off licence? I need some scot.... err.... screwdrivers!

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wasn't aware keeping control of you lot was such a ****ing hassle. I've got Corrin pestering me in one ear about fictional women, Pickup lobbing crockery around the room and Deane hazily trying to stick his car keys in a dog's backside.

**** me.

Jarquis

I wasn't aware keeping control of you lot was such a ****ing hassle. I've got Corrin pestering me in one ear about fictional women, Pickup lobbing crockery around the room and Deane hazily trying to stick his car keys in a dog's backside.

**** me.
Please tell me you got the reference :(

Besides, tomorrow I'm introducing a new dance move - the watering can.

Last edited: