• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I share Joe's view here.. I can morph into this 100+ mph left arm bowler who is also a very useful bat at #9 if realism is not what we are after.. :)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Team India so far (tentative):

1. Cevno
2. weldone
3. kingkallis
4. G.I.Joe
5. honestbharani (wk)
6. biased indian
8. Blaze 18
10. Daemon
11. Shri

Other candidates: vcs and Teja. (similar role as honestbharani)

One bowler at no. 9 is a must. If we don't get a batting allrounder at no. 7, then might include one between vcs and Teja.; in which case biased indian, Cevno and Joe will share the responsibility of the 5th bowler.
I actually allocated 40 points to bowling ,so i should be good for 5/6 overs atleast in any case.

We could play another Batsman i think.

Howe_zat

Audio File
1. marc71178
2. Neil Pickup (wk)
3. Eds
4. cpr
6. GIMH
7. Flyonthewall
8. Boy Brumby (o)
9. GingerFurball
10. Marcuss
11. Howe_zat (o)

We could do with another seamer (only myself and Brumby right now) but everyone from Fly downwards has more bowling than batting - GIMH and Eds have some bowling points too - so we'll get through the overs.

Might get away with three spinners in Asia, anyway ;)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Fly's entry reads more like Samit Patel to be honest. Needs to take one for the team and get on the pies.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Looking at the balance of the England team, I reckon it would be better for both sides if I represented one of my second-choice teams TBH.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This would be an example of over post (ignore the player/team names):

0.1: SJ Cambridge to A Vago; one run
0.2: SJ Cambridge to BH Borisc; dot ball
0.3: SJ Cambridge to BH Borisc; one run
0.4: SJ Cambridge to A Vago; dot ball
0.5: SJ Cambridge to A Vago; one run
0.6: SJ Cambridge to BH Borisc; two runs

End of Over 1
Fung XI 5/0 (5.00rpo)
A Vago 2 (3b, 66.67)
BH Borisc 3 (3b, 100.00)
SJ Cambridge 1-0-5-0 (5.00)
I'll probably post them all in a locked thread, and have all the discussion about the game as it goes on, in this thread.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The English and Indian teams are almost complete.

So is the Aussie team .

The newzealand team is a bit further behind ,but reckon it should be complete too with 3/4 more registrations.

Can't see any other team being completed with first choice preferences.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah for the simpler days when we simmed games by flipping to random pages in a book, sitting at the back of the classroom. :(

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Let this be a warning to anyone that had even the slightest inclination to pick me as captain :ph34r:

Apologies. Just throwing this around?

1 Jayzamann
2 Ausage +
3 morgieb
4 Spark
5 (Kyle)
7 Prince EWS
8 Clapo
9 Nnanden
10 andyc
11 Noble One

PEWS drops down as per his suggestion. 5 of us all want to bat at the top of the order so someone had to drop. Jayz and I opening gives us an aggressive/defensive balance opening the batting. Still need another bat (assuming Kyle plays for us rather than the Dutch) but we're almost there.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at our side so far, and if we follow the usual NZ world cup path, Mike will be our useless **** **** opener, Hurricane or NZT will carry the batting the whole tournament, Athers will show potential but do a hammy dropping the soap and piss off home. Heef will break down before the semis, Mike will drop catches off me and Volteh in the semi, and Somers will swing away to 75* (40) in a losing cause chasing at some point.

And me being a bunny with the bat will lose us at least three close games, but someone else (Athers) will be scapegoated.
most excellent.