• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, I'll get the teams up soon and we'll be able to start tomorrow or the day after. I've got most of them organised; just had a few problems digging up random forumers for some teams so I'll have to do some more research. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Okay, after much deliberation, I've decided we'll use the Group B draw but replace South Africa and the West Indies with Australia and New Zealand. This means the one person who signed up for Sri Lanka and the two signed up for Pakistan will be playing for different teams.
EDIT: I'm also going to make the Netherlands a 'bye' as such in the draw to take it down to 6 teams, as everyone who signed up for them (three people) had relevant second choices.

That's six teams, which means we'll only need 6 'filler' players as we got 60 signups. I'm figuring out the teams as we speak. A few people will be moved to second choice teams - I'll figure that out based on team balance and what people's second choice teams are.

Obviously this means we'll be going straight to semis after the groups rather than having quarters.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australia

Ausage
Jayzamann
Mister Wright
morgieb
Spark
TumTum
Clapo
joels344
Nnanden
andyc
Noble One

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bangladesh

Himannv
weldone
NUFAN
Teja
weeman27bob
smalishah84
Trigger_Tiger (filler)
cricman (filler)
Shri
centurymaker

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
India

vcs
blahblahblah
kingkallis
Cevno
honestbharani
G.I.Joe
biased indian
Blaze 18
alternative
Daemon
Turbinator

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ireland

Samuel_Vimes
salman85
Prince EWS
Uppercut
cpr
Irish_Opener (filler)
DCC_Legend (filler)
turnstyle
GingerFurball
Huntcore
headhunter (filler)

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
New Zealand

Hurricane
Mike5181
straw man
NZTailender
Raghav
Athlai
Somerset
James
Voltman
HeathDavisSpeed
Flem274*

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Here's our schedule:

Feb 19 - Bangladesh v India
Feb 24 - Australia v New Zealand
Feb 25 - Bangladesh v Ireland
Feb 27 - India v England
Mar 02 - England v Ireland
Mar 04 - Bangladesh v New Zealand
Mar 06 - India v Ireland
Mar 07 - England v Australia
Mar 10 - Ireland v New Zealand
Mar 11 - Bangladesh v England
Mar 12 - India v Australia
Mar 15 - Australia v Ireland
Mar 17 - England v West Indies
Mar 19 - Bangladesh v Australia
Mar 20 - India v New Zealand

We obviously missed the game on the 19th, but we can make that up tomorrow. What I need is for all the teams is get themselves semi-organised - appoint a captain and settle on a batting order/bowling change plans. I'll release the player abilities when I've got them done.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If anyone new has just noticed this, they're still free to join and either replace one of the fillers in Ireland/Bangladesh at any time, or even just give a side more than 11 players to choose from in each game if they wish.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Oh hell yes. Cannot wait for this. Nicely done PEWS, it's like we've skipped straight to the Super 6 phase. And South Africa have choked.

On the England captaincy, I'm more than happy to do it, unless someone else wants to put themselves forward? I suppose it would be captain's duty to put forward bowling plans and the like. I can always put Marcuss in charge of celebratory choreography and post-match interviews.

Edit: All our top 8 batsmen are aggressive. All our bowlers except Brumby are aggressive. Huh.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Gun pace attack. Dodgy middle order though (morgie, me, TumTum, EWS).

Bizarrely realistic.