• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Don;t agree that posting in this thread (if I read that correctly) should be a factor. I could see it if it was the world cup forum because then we can comment on the games and make meaningful comments about the world cup. Commenting in this thread will degenerate into AWTA and smilie face posts.

Forgive me if I read that part wrong.

Spark

Global Moderator
Don;t agree that posting in this thread (if I read that correctly) should be a factor. I could see it if it was the world cup forum because then we can comment on the games and make meaningful comments about the world cup. Commenting in this thread will degenerate into AWTA and smilie face posts.

AWTA

:ph34r:

---

:ph34r:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Agreed.tbh.:ph34r:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I guess HB stopped using it after the name change. :p
not really. I could not get the Ashes game for PS 2.. :( There is one thing that Lara has over Sachin, for sure... :p

Temporarily at least.. I really do hope we can get someone to come up with a good one soon.. With real player names too..

cnerd123

likes this
A good cricket game?

The best I've played are, in order, Ashes 2009 patched on PC, Cricket 2004 (with custom Mods), and Cricket Heroes.

Considering the last one is a 2D cricket game currently being developed by one guy on Planetcricket and is only in Beta-testing mode, I wouldn't get my hopes so high.

I don't mind imaginary players. Can the country pick in question pick how thier skills are distributed? They can be capped tho. We can make up for our lack of talent with perfect balance...

Mike5181

International Captain
I have spammed various people to get more Kiwis to sign up but no dice. I don't think we are going to get anymore sign ups.
Yeah, it looks doubtful at this stage. Our teams so far looks like:

1. Mike 5181 (RHB)+
3. Hurricane (right hand bat)
4. NZT (right hand bat)
5. Athlai (RHB + Medium pace)
7. Somerset (Allrounder Right arm fast medium)
9. Voltman (right arm leg spin)
10. Heath (right arm fast)
11. Flem274* (leg break)

I'm sure there are others like Bahnz and Howsie that maybe interested.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
So when is the absolute latest the squads have to announced by? I reckon' the delay is affecting our practice and preparation. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So when is the absolute latest the squads have to announced by? I reckon' the delay is affecting our practice and preparation. :p
A couple of days before the World Cup starts I reckon. We still have a fair bit of time, and there's going to be an 'ad' for it in CricketWeb's World Cup HQ I believe, which should boost sign-ups.

TumTum

Banned
K i put up a reg form but don't know what to do now. I'm a bit lazy to read this whole thread :p So how do I join a team?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let this be a warning to anyone that had even the slightest inclination to pick me as captain :ph34r:

Apologies. Just throwing this around?

1 Jayzamann
2 Ausage +
3 morgieb
4 Spark
5 (Kyle)
7 Prince EWS
8 Clapo
9 Nnanden
10 andyc
11 Noble One

PEWS drops down as per his suggestion. 5 of us all want to bat at the top of the order so someone had to drop. Jayz and I opening gives us an aggressive/defensive balance opening the batting. Still need another bat (assuming Kyle plays for us rather than the Dutch) but we're almost there.
Will play for Australia, unless there are more signups, then I'm happy to sit out and play for the Dutch.