• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it's a pretty average thing to do and rather misses the whole point of the competition, tbh.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I thought the whole point of this would be to sign up as the players we more or less are.

Changing your role to be a fictional character means you may as well make someone up.

It gives the whole tournament an air of authenticity if we don't get all the team balance quite right, with different teams having to work around different problems.

Spark

Global Moderator
I didn't perfectly model my stats on myself (went SLA instead of right arm offbreak) but yeah mine are reasonably similar to how I played.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I thought the whole point of this would be to sign up as the players we more or less are.

Changing your role to be a fictional character means you may as well make someone up.
If I thought like you while signing-up, I could slot myself at the vacant no. 7 spot as the spin-bowling allrounder that I am.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If I thought like you while signing-up, I could slot myself at the vacant no. 7 spot as the spin-bowling allrounder that I am.
Well I'd rather everyone were signed up as how they play in reality. But it's not my call.

Either way, it's unfair for some teams to try and work around their balance issues while others are constructing artificial but perfectly balanced sides.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Either way, it's unfair for some teams to try and work around their balance issues while others are constructing artificial but perfectly balanced sides.
I didn't sign-up as the artificial player with a motive to lend balance to my team...

My purpose was completely different...I wanted to represent Tendulkar...

Had I been honest with my sign-up, I would have represented someone like R Ashwin, that would have helped the balance of my team more...

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I didn't sign-up as the artificial player with a motive to lend balance to my team...

My purpose was completely different...I wanted to represent Tendulkar...

Had I been honest with my sign-up, I would have represented someone like R Ashwin, that would have helped the balance of my team more...
I wasn't accusing you of anything. A lot of people have done that. Just pointing out that the inconsistencies might result in a touch of unfairness, intentional or not.