• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't forget you still have Teja and vcs in reserve as batsmen.

Might be best to play one and then use Cevno & BI to make up the overs.
Yeah I like this idea too. Or can't Teja and VCS just change their stats to match that of a number 7 spin bowling - allrounder?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Not a right arm pie chucker. A left arm FAST bowler. If I ever create a multi, it would be called ZaKhan.:p

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's hope we don't become the martins of India :laugh:

To make it more realistic our bowling skills should be 75, batting 5 and fielding -50 ala Munaf Patel
:laugh:

Dude no way, I'm telling you, how many times has India got to witness a lethal fast bowler, let alone a lethal fast bowling pair? If anyone deserves two 100 point fast bowlers, it's India. And I still feel our top order batting is strong, will get the job done, especially if we bowl the opposition out cheaply.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized you meant 95 - 5 and not 75 - 5, but in that case yes that's a good point.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh:

Dude no way, I'm telling you, how many times has India got to witness a lethal fast bowler, let alone a lethal fast bowling pair? If anyone deserves two 100 point fast bowlers, it's India. And I still feel our top order batting is strong, will get the job done, especially if we bowl the opposition out cheaply.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized you meant 95 - 5 and not 75 - 5, but in that case yes that's a good point.
nah i meant 75 - 5, the extra 20 points got deducted due to being indian and having no natural pace bowling talent :happy:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Was thinking about this earlier. I'd think it would be hard to get a good scale together that both differs between those with say 1k and 2k posts, but doesn't also wildly play up someone with 30k. Perhaps we could do it on total posts in the WC subforum - be the equivalent of the players "current form"?
I can't get figures for the World Cup subforum.

Re: your potential problem though, it'd be done on postcount rankings rather than actual numbers if I did it that way. So being top poster with 239848234823482834283423 posts would be no different to being top poster with 30,000 posts, in other words.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Re: your potential problem though, it'd be done on postcount rankings rather than actual numbers if I did it that way. So being top poster with 239848234823482834283423 posts would be no different to being top poster with 30,000 posts, in other words.
Fair enough, makes sense.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Is there not a "posts per day" statistic?

If not, then whoever is England captain needs to persuade Richard to sign up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is there not a "posts per day" statistic?

If not, then whoever is England captain needs to persuade Richard to sign up.
There is but I can't access everyone's in one big list. :p

At this stage it'll be partly based on total posts and partly based on activity in this thread, relative of course to everyone's batting and bowling points.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
There is but I can't access everyone's in one big list. :p

At this stage it'll be partly based on total posts and partly based on activity in this thread, relative of course to everyone's batting and bowling points.
Big impact for total posts IMO. It's easy for you perpetual students to keep posting whilst some of is are busy on near-constant boarding duties...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's just a shame no one listened to me...
Quite right. As then we were all treated to the standard Volty shoulder-shrugging, eye-rolling dropped catch routine. Mind you, I'd still say you're considerably less of a pain in the arse than Monkey. Plus, it was quite funny watching you bowl that day to that guy who thought he was great as he hit you for a six but couldn't lay bat on ball for anything else you sent down to him. Happy days.