• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Cricketweb Premiership Media Coverage*

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Loganathan calls Stallions Mediocre
by Dexter Moon

Days after picking up their first win of the season against the Southern Stallions, Northside Power captain Tharmi Loganathan has come out and tolld of the Stallions Mediocrity..

Loganathan talking to his team was overheard by reporters saying to his side "beating them isn't a great achieved at the moment".

The comments which are surley going to cause a stir in the South seemed very arrogant of Loganathan considering his own sides form has been very average itself.

Maybe if Loganathan took more notice of his own teams lack of discipline then opposition sides could lower their Medical Insurance..

Just some food for though Mr Loganathan!!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
In his first interview since been awarded the CW International Captaincy, Kev Gough sat down with Pickford Public Access Television.

Congratulations on the captaincy, what does it mean to you?
It came as a complete surprise and Im thrilled to bits. To lead the boys onto the field for CWs first ever international is a dream come true

What do you think of the Training squad?
I cant fault it. We have such depth for a young league that there will always be discussions about whom should be in for who, but looking at the list I am confident in our abilities.

What about the game?
Its simple. Its our first fixture, we are new to international football but we are gunning for a win. We have the players and the support to make a big impact. I certainly will not guarantee victory but I think we will win.

Moving on to domestic matters, How has the first part of the Premiership season been for you?
From a league point of view, it has been a success. Crowds are big and the football has been exciting. There have maybe been a few too many hot heads but they are mainly young lads in high pressure and new situations. They will learn, Im sure of theat. No doubt the football has been entertaining and the league is shaping up nicely. The league is certainly making an impact. My nephew, who is cricket mad, asked if I could get him a signed Kennett shirt.

How about the Swell?
Im really proud of the club and my position in it. The start of the season hasnt been as dynamic as I would have liked but we have only lost 1 game and are sitting in a decent position in the league. Im trying not to be too greedy with my expectaions, it could be a lot worse, but we are aiming for the top. From my perspective we have a top team and with the support of Hakon as VC we should be a contender.

What about your own form?
Im relatively happy with it. As a club we have a number of talented young players. However, they are still only young and the older guys like myself have to step up. Given my role and position within the club, I am never satisfied by my own performance. There is always room for improvement and I dont just judge my performance on goals scored but by points in the league. I also have high expectations as there are a great bunch of lads at the Swell and I dont want to let them down.

Thank you for your time
No worries. and remember kids, support the Swell and buy your National team shirt and come watch the games.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Dravid to hold Christmas dinner in Nixonstown.
Nixontown Daily

Nixontown: Nitin Dravid, striker for the East Coast Fury, announced today that he will hold a dinner in celebration of Christmas for all East Coast Fury fans, at a local party hall in Nixonstown. The dinner is said to take place on Christmas Eve, one day after Cricket Web XI's first International fixture.

"I love the support the team is getting from the fans and I wanted to do a little something for them" Dravid said to Nixonstown Daily during a training session. "The dinner will take place on Dec 24th, at 6 PM and will last until 8 PM, giving the fans and the team mates a chance to spend Christmas with their family also. In order to attend the dinner you must have a ticket, which you can buy at any East Coast Fury game. Player's from other teams are also invited to attend the dinner."

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Horse & Hound
Humbug!
by Abhinav Shankar

Western Dynamo defender Nath Patrick is reportedly too busy to attend the Christmas function being held by the socially-challenged Nitin Dravid. In a statement by Patrick given during a promotion for his new book, If I Did It, he said "Pretty sure Smithers [Central United Captain - Daniel Smith] is having a thing at his place. [It`ll] Probably be crap, but I`ll go."

There have been no reports at this stage on the number of tickets sold for Dravid`s function, but early indicators suggest figures akin to the IQ-level of the late Chris Hinton.

Pick up next week`s issue of Horse & Hound for an hour-by-hour recount of Central United star Mathew Mitchell`s drinking bender with 14-page spread.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Nnanden said:
Horse & Hound
Humbug!
by Abhinav Shankar

Western Dynamo defender Nath Patrick is reportedly too busy to attend the Christmas function being held by the socially-challenged Nitin Dravid. In a statement by Patrick given during a promotion for his new book, If I Did It, he said "Pretty sure Smithers [Central United Captain - Daniel Smith] is having a thing at his place. [It`ll] Probably be crap, but I`ll go."

There have been no reports at this stage on the number of tickets sold for Dravid`s function, but early indicators suggest figures akin to the IQ-level of the late Chris Hinton.

Pick up next week`s issue of Horse & Hound for an hour-by-hour recount of Central United star Mathew Mitchell`s drinking bend with 14-page spread.
Actually, a recent poll, just hours after the dinner was announced, took place and 600 fans are already commited to come to the dinner. The turn out is expected to be much larger, and will hopefully reach 1000. Big enough number considering it's just a dinner and it's being held at a medium sized party hall.

It's okay if your going to Smith's party, but don't think there will be a huge turnout. Plus, it wasn't mentioned in the report, but there is a surprise instore for everyone who attends.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha, there's no way you'd pull a bigger crowd to a Christmas dinner than I would to a huge pissup. Get off it.

Gelman; it was supposed to be a surprise party for you :unsure:

ash chaulk

International Captain
will be having christmas on my yaught with a few ok about 5 ladies from campsfield. i have already picked out my costume and my skimpy santa suit is gunna be a hit.

Dravid

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Haha, there's no way you'd pull a bigger crowd to a Christmas dinner than I would to a huge pissup. Get off it.

Gelman; it was supposed to be a surprise party for you :unsure:
Well, there is a special guest who is attending the dinner, and he is from the Australian football team. He's flying over to watch the first ever international match, and I asked him if he would like to attend the dinner and he said he would love to. So that should draw a few people.

BTW the player is Lucas Neill, and the news of him coming will spread soon too.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha yeah, we're one of the hugest minnows in world football, I'm sure Blackburn would release one of their stars midweek to come to a party thrown by a semi-pro in the middle of nowhere.

Dravid

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Haha yeah, we're one of the hugest minnows in world football, I'm sure Blackburn would release one of their stars midweek to come to a party thrown by a semi-pro in the middle of nowhere.
He said he see's a lot of potential in us and didn't want to miss history being made as we played our first international. He's flying back later on during the night on christmas eve. Blackburn said they afford him not being with the team for 2 days.

Dravid

International Captain
Just wait and ask anyone who attends the dinner. He will also be sitting in the VIP boxes on game day so you can go give him a visit.

Dravid

International Captain
Lucas Neill appearance canceled
Nixonstown Daily

Lucas Neill, who was supposed to be a guest at Nitin Dravid's Christmas dinner will not be showing up. Dravid today said to Nixonstown daily that he hasn't had contact with Lucas Neill who said he was going to attend the dinner, but confirm with Dravid on the 18th of Dec.

"When I asked Lucas Neill if he would like to attend my dinner he said he would love and most likely will but he will make it 100% sure on Dec 18. I have been trying to get in contact with him since then, but he hasn't been picking up my calls or called me. I'm really surprised by this." Nitin Dravid told Nixonstown Daily
"I thought it would be better to cancel his appearance right now and let the fans know than go in with a chance of him not showing up at all to the dinner and making all the fans who will attend the dinner upset. If any fans do not wish to attend the dinner because of this misunderstanding between me and Lucas, they can refund their tickets at home games for East Coast Furys. I would like to apologize to everyone who this might have cause inconvenience to."

The attendance number for Nitin Dravid's dinner is expected to drop dramatically.