• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

giving me grief tonight

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While James is on his three decade sabbatical I'm supposed to be helping out with reporting technical issues to whoever it is that hosts the site, but given my extreme ignorance of all matters technical, I can't understand the simple instructions that I have been provided with, so thus far have just ignored all these "Warning Server Overload" emails I get sent - beginning to feel bad now so will have another read ....................... but I'll quaff a couple of glasses of merlot first methinks

Johnners

While James is on his three decade sabbatical I'm supposed to be helping out with reporting technical issues to whoever it is that hosts the site, but given my extreme ignorance of all matters technical, I can't understand the simple instructions that I have been provided with, so thus far have just ignored all these "Warning Server Overload" emails I get sent - beginning to feel bad now so will have another read ....................... but I'll quaff a couple of glasses of merlot first methinks
:laugh:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
new posts aren't showing in ***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14. for me, anyway.

posts are being made, and indeed if you open "reply to thread" in a new tab you can see the recent posts, but the usual way isn't working

James

Cricket Web Owner
new posts aren't showing in ***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14. for me, anyway.

posts are being made, and indeed if you open "reply to thread" in a new tab you can see the recent posts, but the usual way isn't working
Is this only for the ***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14 thread or all threads in general?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
was like that in that particular thread for about 15 mins last night for me, fixed now for everyone I think

James

Cricket Web Owner
was like that in that particular thread for about 15 mins last night for me, fixed now for everyone I think
Thanks for letting me know, perhaps a scheduled task failed to run and it corrected everything itself on the next run.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Has been problematic for me tonight. Around 30 minutes ago couldn't access the site at all.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah sorry Fusion, we had some problems with the server.

Hopefully you haven't had too many problems the past hour or so.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Seems to be having more problems since the last upgrade than there were before hand.
Yeah been a few problems lately :(

You can rest assured though, there's no-one more frustrated by it all than me, and I'm doing all I can around the clock to get on top of the situation with our hosts.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah been a few problems lately :(

You can rest assured though, there's no-one more frustrated by it all than me, and I'm doing all I can around the clock to get on top of the situation with our hosts.
I don't envy you this James. Hard to manage these issues when they're outside your control and only one client in a long list.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I don't envy you this James. Hard to manage these issues when they're outside your control and only one client in a long list.
Yes you're certainly right there but our hosts are trying their best to help me.

We have a planned outage over-night where a few things will be done by our hosts so hopefully we see an improvement.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just a heads up the outage just now was network related (nothing to do with our server).

I'll provide information once I get it.