• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum very slow recently

James

Cricket Web Owner
hmmm was not able to access for last 3 hours ..when ever i tried it was getting stuck....

hope by Monday when i am back we are back to normalcy :)
Well I'm hoping we'll be back to some sense of decent load times within the next few hours.

I'll know more in the next couple of hours.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Looks like the The "What song are you listening to?" thread was/is apart of the problem. Waiting to hear from the person who would do the upgrade of the server.

Hello,

I did look at the other threads, and I didn't see any that were near as large as the one we moved. Your site should be able to handle them just fine. But a 590 page thread is probably pushing it.

My theory at this point is that the 590 page thread was causing other database queries to backup. It just took so long for the database to query all those replies, that subsequent queries would be held up, causing more apache processes to spawn to serve the the additional traffic still waiting for their pages to load. Of course, this is only a theory at this point, but the statistics are starting to prove it.

My shift is about over, so we'll have to see how this pans out for you. The other technicians on the day shift have the applicable information, and should be able to pickup where I left off if there is any additional problems.

Let us know if you experience any performance issues throughout the day.

James

Cricket Web Owner
An order has been placed by our hosts and more RAM will be put into the server early/middle next week.

In the mean time, the hosts have said that one of their Level 3 support person will be keeping an constant eye on the server.

biased indian

International Coach
this thread is showing last post as the one made by james actually precam has made post since then

lot of small small issue still left ,,,,,

James

Cricket Web Owner
The server has been upgraded and the MySQL configuration tuned. There should be a noticeable difference now in performance.

Please let me know of any problems.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's been slow for me during the middle of the day this past week. Not sure if it's updates/backups of sorts or not?

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's the 2pm slow-down currently due to day/light savings.

The backup runs from 2pm to 2:13pm. The site should still load during that time, but will be slow.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seem to notice that for 15 minutes around 1pm, the site takes forever to load a page.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm, the past week the site has been woeful for me. Kinda drops out randomly for a minute or two at a time at any time day or night. Don't think it's my computer either, as it does it on work and home computer.