• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum very slow recently

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Strange, I haven't really noticed anything out-of-the-ordinary in terms of slowness.

Perhaps because our connection here is pretty buggered currently and everything's slower than usual.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Funny, having said that ^^^^^^^^, had database errors this morning. Not for that long, but about an hour.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Got a couple of "stack overflows" earlier. Odd TSTL. Have had such things once before, ages ago. Doesn't actually affect the forum at all apart from that I have to click an "OK" whenever I'm on the /index html, but thought it might have some significance to someone, so have posted about it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for posting Rich.

That would be nothing to do with the forum. Would be something happening with your computer.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah I just had a stack overflow error message, it wouldn't let me look at the last page of the Lord's Lounge thread. Any idea what the problem with my computer is, James?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Stack Overflow Errors are a problem with your own computer. The call stack has a finite amount of memory and it's being assigned too much to the top of the stack by the CPU, so it overflows and returns and error.

I got to know them very well in my years of programming at uni, generally occur during an infinite recursion loop.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been getting a lot more Database errors than usual recently, any closer to a solution for this James? :)

Seems to be have been around for quite a while now.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Been a bit of a bad night server wise. I'll be looking into it properly over the next few days.

Thanks for posting about it Clapo :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yep, the tmp directory got filled up somehow (probably by a run-away process), and had to be cleared. That's what caused it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Nope, that doesn't happen very often at all.

Most of the downtime isn't actually downtime. It's just high-load on the site.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Haha, no not at all obviously. :laugh:

It's usually caused by various events. It isn't usually the same thing every time.