• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum very slow recently

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah the connection has been atrocious for me the past few days. It works great in patches, but then crawls to a halt at other times.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah the connection has been atrocious for me the past few days. It works great in patches, but then crawls to a halt at other times.
Dunno about the last few days, though I've not been on that much (probably 2 hours a day tops) but today certainly was a atrocious - complete crash for 2 hours UIMM.

PY

International Coach
Awful awful awful for the past couple of day at least.

Freezing, trying to open pages and taking ages then timing out and not letting me edit posts etc.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes, there have been problems.

I'll be applying a patch tonight Sydney time which I hope will improve things. I'll post back in here when that's done so everyone can take note of whether they see an improvement or not.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awful awful awful for the past couple of day at least.

Freezing, trying to open pages and taking ages then timing out and not letting me edit posts etc.
Yeah, has been the same for me.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'll be applying a patch tonight Sydney time which I hope will improve things. I'll post back in here when that's done so everyone can take note of whether they see an improvement or not.
This patch is now applied, and I would hope we'll see a noticeable improvement.

Please reply to this thread if you experience similar problems to before.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Very long loading periods over the last hour or two. Back-up scripts running, I'm guessing?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Cool - I had a feeling stuff like that was done on a Sunday occasionally, but wasn't sure.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Might just be my laptop/connection tonight but the performance has been abysmal. Taking minutes to load threads (and yes, I'm on broadband), and even after clearing temporary internet files and refreshing, it's hardly been any better. It's taken me an hour and a half to make a few posts and open about 10 threads.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks, James - I missed that. Now, coincidentally, it's starting to speed up again. :D

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hahaha nice :)

Interestingly enough, its been fine for me and many others the whole day. Very strange.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has been absolutely atrocious for me the last month or so, this last week has probably been the worst though.