• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum very slow recently

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I refresh a few tabs simultaneously, it often times out and I only get to re-load any forum page after a gap of 15-20 minutes or so. This has been happening to me for a couple of years now. I've been reluctant to report it because those 20 minute intervals are the only way I'm getting anything done at work. :p
That sounds like you're being blocked by our firewall for too many connections coming towards our server at the same time.
This has been ridiculous recently. It will sometimes randomly timeout even when I go to like a post. Is there any fix for this?

vcs

I usually close tab and refesh.
Nah that doesn't work. Apparently the firewall blocks you for 20 minutes or so. It's as if there's some randomly built-in intelligence that wants you to do something productive in between wasting all day on here. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah that doesn't work. Apparently the firewall blocks you for 20 minutes or so. It's as if there's some randomly built-in intelligence that wants you to do something productive in between wasting all day on here. :)

It maybe random and built-in butt I won't call anything like that "intelligence".. :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
This has been ridiculous recently. It will sometimes randomly timeout even when I go to like a post. Is there any fix for this?
That's really weird because it isn't supposed to block real visitors like yourself, and is set to a very high value before blocking for that reason.

Next time it happens could you immediately email me?

vcs

Sure. It's been happening for so long that I've just accepted it, actually. What's the email address?