• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Site extrememly slow \ down 6\3\2007

Rich2001

International Captain
Yeah aplogizes for all of the downtime and very slugish response from the site all day long.

I came on the net at lunchtime GMT and I am still in conversation with our hosts now, been a bit of a joke really.

It all goes back to an issue at the datacenter where our server is stored last night where they had some issues and it has had a knock-on effect all day today, the one good thing is that it has affected every site in that area of the datacenter so it's been pretty high up on the hosts I better get this sorted quickly list. :happy:

Hopefully things should start to improve now :happy:

Rich2001

International Captain
I was about to say it's been looking good for a couple of hours now so hopefully it will behave long term again......

.... however the load has just rocketed right up again so I would expect another slow-down in a few mins, they generally haven't been lasting to long though which is a plus.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I was about to say it's been looking good for a couple of hours now so hopefully it will behave long term again......

.... however the load has just rocketed right up again so I would expect another slow-down in a few mins, they generally haven't been lasting to long though which is a plus.
As soon as I saw you posted, I clicked on the link and nothing. Timed out. Alright now though

James

Cricket Web Owner
It should start be coming right now. We'll continue to monitor it closely however.

A public thanks to Rich who did a heap of chasing people up today :).

PY

International Coach
Terrible response for last 2 hrs or so.

Forgot to take the ping thing though. :(

Rich2001

International Captain
ffs, been ridiculous for the last 6 hours.
Trust me it's far more annoying for us.

The fault from the datacenter has been fixed and this appears to be a new issue - unfortuantly none of the technical team can see anything wrong (why there obviously is a massive issue).

The matter has been moved to critical on the scale and forwarded to the owner of the hosting company unfortuantly due to his location it has been the middle of the night, iam expecting him online very soon.

The technical team and myself are viewing this consistanly and trying to locate the problem to hopefully resolve this ASAP.

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Just been offline for 15/20 mins.
Yeah it's going to come and go - Just had word that the owner has just logged onto the net, so should be in the office very shortly.

Basically the server is under so much stress (aren't we all!) it's basically working itself into a stew and then taking 5 to recover and then destorying itself again.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah it's going to come and go - Just had word that the owner has just logged onto the net, so should be in the office very shortly.

Basically the server is under so much stress (aren't we all!) it's basically working itself into a stew and then taking 5 to recover and then destorying itself again.
Is that due to loads of users being online?

Rich2001

International Captain
To a degree this is where the issue lies, there is a massive amount of "requests" for information from users but all these requests are being delt with almost instantly yet for some reason there is a massive load when there shouldn't be as the information has been retreived - If you follow.

To put it into context earlier this morning when it was being watched closely, the server on 3 databases alone - it was performing 13,000 requests a second! So you can just guess how many it was doing on the whole site :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thanks again to Rich for working tirelessly on our behalf, I guess.

And Sam - you change avatars faster even than Hingston.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So it seems to be sorted again, then?

(I've been using the place without problem so far this evening)