• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official CWCA Season 1 Player Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJellett

International Debutant
DRAFT ORDER

1. Team Johnners - O du Toit
2. Team Hurricane - HT Davis
3. Team Howe - G Sriram
4. Team Howe - H Mork
5. Team Hurricane - A Turb
6. Team Johnners - M Deen
7. Team Johnners - D Jellett
8. Team Hurricane - C Lewis
9. Team Howe - E Ames
10. Team Howe - GIMH Martyn
11. Team Hurricane - H Beaver
12. Team Johnners - L Townsend
13. Team Johnners - D Garson
14. Team Hurricane - G Shriram
15. Team Howe - A Monk
16. Team Howe - SC Somerset
17. Team Hurricane - M Wisney
18. Team Johnners - C Ardley
19. Team Johnners - M Morkel
20. Team Hurricane - G Furball
21. Team Howe - PJ Ingram
22. Team Howe - LV Himann
23. Team Hurricane - S Hit
24. Team Johnners - GI Joe
25. Team Johnners - O Wood
26. Team Hurricane - M LaBrooy
27. Team Howe - J De Prag
28. Team Howe - M Hunt
29. Team Hurricane - R Yamadera
30. Team Johnners - B Smythe-Smith
31. Team Johnners - S Zadran
32. Team Hurricane - I Narang
33. Team Howe - Dazinho
34. Team Howe - Z Dunlop
35. Team Hurricane - CP Raftery
36. Team Johnners - A Fagina
37. Team Johnners - BFP Kirk
38. Team Hurricane - T Loganathan
39. Team Howe - E Morris

The Season One Draft is now completed.

Attached is an Excel file, entitled "Draft Sheet", which contains full player data and draft information. It is advised captains use this as a draft aid - as it makes it very simple to sort players according to characteristics, and allows you to keep track of the progress of the draft.

Exempt from being drafted are the team captains - J Howe, S Delev and JD Hurricane; and their deputies - P Spark, A Sharma and DB Wayne.

Teams are free to draft any player remaining in the player pool, at any time. Teams may also pass on any round of the draft, if they do not wish to make a selection.

Each squad must contain a minimum of 12 players, and a maximum of 15 players. Each squad must contain at least one wicket-keeper.

Players unhappy with where they have been drafted may contact the admin, and we will seek to find a compromise at the conclusion of the draft.

The draft window is now CLOSED.

Attachments

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
Pick 1 is Team Johnners - Johnners/Daemon, could you please indicate your selection ASAP.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
O du Toit

Do you perchance has a spreadsheet that indicates forum names alongside player names?

DJellett

International Debutant
O du Toit

Do you perchance has a spreadsheet that indicates forum names alongside player names?
I don't have one prepared. Suggest you use the sign-up thread in the interim, I'll put one together when I have a few minutes spare.

Pick 2 is Team Hurricane - Hurricane/rvd619323 please inidicate your selection ASAP, thank you.

Johnners

Cheers, not really all that important, but just handy to know who it actually is we're picking :p (I know du Toit is Quggas, but there are some names in there have nfi about)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I don't have one prepared. Suggest you use the sign-up thread in the interim, I'll put one together when I have a few minutes spare.

Pick 2 is Team Hurricane - Hurricane/rvd619323 please inidicate your selection ASAP, thank you.
Just online now - we will have our pick to you in a jiffy.

Howe_zat

Audio File
What's with the draft order? Johnners gets first pick out of every 3 players and then has an extra pick on top of that?

A reversing order would be fairer -

e.g.

Johnners
Hurricane
Howe

Howe
Hurricane
Johnners

Johnners
Hurricane
Howe

Howe
Hurricane
Johnners

etc

Johnners

Just picked 2 players IMO Howe so we can get it done (don't think DJ would oppose if we agreed to it)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Is this player in the sim or not

I won't participate gents, don't have the time atm.
He has been playing in the warm up games - but I am not sure he should be eligible for drafting. I don't want to pass him over myself until this is clarified.

DJellett

International Debutant
Is this player in the sim or not

He has been playing in the warm up games - but I am not sure he should be eligible for drafting. I don't want to pass him over myself until this is clarified.
He is in.

Also the change in draft order is dependant on Hurricane's aggrement, seeing as it is apparent Howe and Johnners agree.

Johnners

How about no-one selects him until Monk himself can c'/d'?

edit: nvm, didn't read DJ's post properly.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I am ok with the new draft order just means I will be up every second pick.

I am picking A Turb as I figure he will be active.

Status
Not open for further replies.