• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Commentary

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Not yet - downloaded something called Mixlr which looks like it has potential, but haven't had a chance to trial it. Might be a winter project...

The whole process looks straightforward, but some testing is required.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I've played around with this a fair bit today and have managed to get skype calls broadcast over my fledgling Twitch stream. Would like to get some people involved for testing.

Looking at the fixtures there's a shocking lack of cricket on over the school holidays, but if I get some testing in we can work through some issues so as people know how to set this up themselves.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I've played around with this a fair bit today and have managed to get skype calls broadcast over my fledgling Twitch stream. Would like to get some people involved for testing.

Looking at the fixtures there's a shocking lack of cricket on over the school holidays, but if I get some testing in we can work through some issues so as people know how to set this up themselves.
I'm not sure if Twitch would actually be okay with a non-video game sport commentary stream.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Twitch looked awfully complicated when I looked at it. Howe_zat, check out Mixlr and see what you think of that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The problem with Mixlr is that it's paid whereas Twitch is free. I'll email Twitch to ask if they are okay with non-gaming streams. If they're okay with Fish Plays Pokemon it's hard to see them objecting.

I didn't think it was that complex, it's just that the streaming software isn't integrated into the website like Mixlr is. In any case I think that's a strength, as I could put together a walkthrough on how to broadcast to a shared CW page from anywhere.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Right then, Mixlr it seems is our best bet. It is expensive to use properly but the free version at least lets us broadcast for an hour at a time, so if you can handle two breaks a session it'll work. Putting in a Skype call is also extremely simple and tbh it sounds like there's less lag than when using Twitch.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Spark and I have made some progress on this and we're going to set up a broadcast for testing. We're going to need a couple of people to be broadcasters and a few others to be listeners.

The link to the stream will be shared privately so if you're talking, it'll only be a few people who can hear you, and if you're listening, we'll need you for feedback.

The game we're planning on looking at will be the IPL opener on the 8th April. We'll need to have you ready from about 3.00pm BST which is 7:30PM in Mumbai or midnight in Sydney.

If you're interested VM me and we'll talk on Skype. You'll only need Skype, a good online connection and a few hours to kill.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Watch the cricket, talk about the cricket and sometimes not the cricket. You've heard TMS and the like?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I've got a fully-licensed bit of software that can broadcast for as long as you want, has an internal server for broadcasting, and will run through iTunes/Windows Media Player for the listeners. Plus it can be password-protected.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean the good thing about mixlr is that it literally just lets us broadcast a skype call, which is ideal because it's so simple.