• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

JME01-Succesion Game

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Impressive stuff there...though after Harmy's 7/116, he must have felt slightly gutted at being dropped ;) Doesn't matter, we won :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
One of the hardest tasks of the season awaited the Durham side in the next fixture as they had to travel to Edgebaston to face warwickshire. 2 changes were shown from the Championship match as Law was left out for Mann and Bridge made way for Harmison, who had come pleading to the coaches office for a chance in the side. Its hard to turn someone down when they are kneeling on the floor of your office crying.

Anyway the toss proved crucial with Durham winning and putting Warwicks in to bat. Early wickets were needed and Killeen produced 4 and then added a 5th later, Hatch and Collingwood bowled tidy spells and even Harmison showed some control. Warwickshire were restricted to 168-8 from their 45.

Warwickshire v Durham
National League - D1 - 4 Jun 2002

Warwickshire - 1st Innings
----------------------------------------------
N Knight b Killeen 13
M Powell b C'ingwood 31
I Bell c Phillips b Killeen 8
M Wagh c C'ingwood b Killeen 2
T Penney lbw b Killeen 1
D Brown b Phillips 33
A Giles b Harmison 1
N Smith c Mustard b Killeen 42
K Piper not out 24
N Carter not out 5
A Richardson
Extras (w5,b3) 8
TOTAL (8 wkts, 45 overs) 168

O M R W
N Phillips 9 0 40 1
P Collingwood 9 3 23 1
S Harmison 9 0 33 1
N Killeen 9 1 39 5
N Hatch 9 3 30 0
1-15 2-27 3-34 4-38 5-67
7-107 8-162

Muchall was the key to the chase scoring 64 and Collingwood and Mann saw Durham home.

Durham - 1st Innings
J Lewis c Knight b Carter 18
N Peng c Carter b Brown 13
G Muchall lbw b Carter 64
M Gough b Richardson 6
P Collingwood not out 34
C Mann not out 25
N Phillips
P Mustard
S Harmison
N Hatch
N Killeen
Extras (nb4,w1,lb4) 9
TOTAL (4 wkts, 41.4 overs) 169

O M R W
N Smith 7 1 22 0
A Richardson 7.4 0 24 1
A Giles 9 0 36 0
N Carter 9 0 33 2
D Brown 9 0 50 1
1-33 2-33 3-68 4-124

Durham won by 6 wickets
Man of the match: N Killeen

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mann works much better at five or six where you put him. Tends to get out to stupid shots in the early overs otherwise. :thumbsup:

How on earth you managed to limit Warwicks to 168/8, however... ;)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just a warning: I won't play for the next week or so, am in Greece at the moment and the connection isn't very reliable...(not that I think Halsey will play until then...)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Well, would have won 1st game but for the whole of the 2nd day being rained out.

The OD was won easily, Paul Collingwood took 2 wickets, and played a perfectly paced innings to guide us home with 3 overs to spare.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Dark? A bit more activicy required.

Jamee999On Deck
Samuel Vimes
SK Dave
Tom Halsey Just played.
Dark Hunter(If no responce by Monday GMT Any of you 3 feel free to start advertising a replacement) UP!!!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
Dark? A bit more activicy required.

Jamee999On Deck
Samuel Vimes
SK Dave
Tom Halsey Just played.
Dark Hunter(If no responce by Monday GMT Any of you 3 feel free to start advertising a replacement) UP!!!
Its a bit harsh saying that after what 7 hours, especially when it took Halsey a while. Anyway Håkon is on holiday and wants to miss this round IIRC

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
It's not strict I'm Just thinking that he hasn't really shown much intrerst so...... If no responce for this and the next round...None at all no apolagy etc. Same for everyone unless there is prior warning 2 weeks of Pop. :P

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I'm here, don't worry. i wasn't able to connect to the net is all, this happens sometimes and i can't really give warning. bui am interested Jamee, don't worry bout that.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Good Good :)

I would like to make this a rule: If no responce for 2 rounds(20 matches) They're out unless they're is prior Notice.

No cheating either!