• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Sim released

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hint: Get that thing off tripod, fast. Get a site on freewebs or something...much cheaper and fewer pop-ups and spyware :)

And, on my computer at least, it doesn't work unless the java is in the same folder as ICricket.

Edit: I also get this error...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: java.awt.Color: field BLACK not found
at screens.results.MatchSummaryPanel.<init>(MatchSummaryPanel.java:40)
at screens.results.MatchResultFrame.<init>(MatchResultFrame.java:24)
at game.Match.<init>(Match.java(Compiled Code))
at CricketSimulator.main(CricketSimulator.java:15)

Last edited:

bigster83

Cricket Spectator
i cant see the icon to start the game up ...is it just me

run ICricket.bat file :D

else double click on cricket.jar

and...

it doesn't work unless the java is in the same folder as ICricket,

have you installed JRE, or JDK? if you have installed JDK then you need tinker with your path variable...

also, I have a forum of my own (not on tripod) http://bigstercricket.proboards27.com/index.cgi

That exception if because you have an old version of java. I have changed it now, and it should work though. However, I would recommend getting a new version of java...

Cheers

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I've got that fixed. Problem is that error though...it comes after the match is simmed or when I try to play a game. Any clues?

Edit: Ah right. Thx, I've got a new and better version of java at home (I think)

bigster83

Cricket Spectator
If you re-download, i think it should work now. Then you'll actually be able to see what has happened in the game!!!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looks great so far mate, and England beat the World XI :)

and Thorpe scored 185* and 252

Jones the glove appears to be batting below Hoggard and Chris Ried is spelt wrong but they are irrelevant

Keep up the good work

Last edited:

bigster83

Cricket Spectator
Making your own teams

It's very easy to make your own team. Just copy one of the teams that's already there, and change the names/attributes of the players. I will gte round to writing a tutorial to do it, but it's not hard to work out...

have a look in the /teams/england directory...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Okay, match bugs:

There is a LOT of golden ducks...

How out column is messed up sometimes

Fast bowlers bowl way too long spells.

Edit: I suppose this would come later, but since you can change line and length, why can't you change the bowler?

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
tailenders are unrealistically rubbish
made Lancashire side - that works ok
scorecards look good, like the fact you can view where the ball went

Just a few niggles to work out with regard to stats etc
With the amount of things you are taking into account this could be a very good sim

bigster83

Cricket Spectator
excellent...

I will be continually working on this, so I'll let you know when I make a new version etc. You're right, changing the bowler is coming.

"made Lancashire side - that works ok" - LOL, lots of golden ducks and rubbish tailenders!!!!!!!!

The tale enders are rubbish because their batting attributes have been set a bit too low. Trial and error on that. It's quite hard to quantify the qualitative...

You can actually change some of teh things that affect teh match in the matchweights.txt file. Some of the variables aren't very obvious as to what they do, but have a fiddle and see what happens

Last edited:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
its just the start i guess.. give the man some time with the suggestions etc coming and he is sure to update things slowly..

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I have broad band, o this download should be fast. But i cant even download it. i click the link but it just sits threre for ages.

IsuraE

School Boy/Girl Captain
I can't acces the link, but I'm interested in the technology/tools you are using. My old cricket sim was in Java, haven't worked on it in a while but thinking of restarting maybe in VB.net or C++. VB seems to be the easiest to get a user interface up quickly, but how is it for object-oriented design?

Rich2001

International Captain
kears_falcon_9 said:
I have broad band, o this download should be fast. But i cant even download it. i click the link but it just sits threre for ages.
If the owner has no objections then Cricket Web would be more than happy to add his game to the Downloads center, should download then :)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i dah no trouble downloading it at all...

this is a great effort for the first release :)

suggestions: (apart from the ones i read above)
- A List of all the bowlers figures on the match screen and you can change bwolers when you want.

- Batsmen aggression levels arn't set for individual bowlers (or the option of it at least) but are set and stay for all bowlers.

- a link to a scorecard from the match screen

without having played it much the match engine seemed pretty good :)

looking great so far :)